- Created on the 16 June, 2017.
Human rheumatoid factor IgG ELISA kit can be used for in-vitro quantitative analysis of IgG antibodies to rheumatoid factor (RF, RF-IgG, anti-rheumatoid factor-IgG) in human serum and plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.0 U/ml.
Rheumatoid factor (RF) was initially identified in rheumatoid arthritis and they are referred to as an autoantibody. It is known as an antibody against the Fc portion of IgG, however, there are a number of RFs that are able to bind certain parts of the IgG-Fc. Even though it is mainly found in the IgM isotype form, rheumatoid factor can also be of IgA, IgG, IgD and IgE. RF and IgG can form immune complexes by joining together and this can contribute to disease processes. It can be used for the diagnosis and prognosis of the disease and is most often vital in evaluating patients which are a suspect for arthritis (in particular rheumatoid arthritis).
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human anti-rheumatoid factor IgG (RF IgG) using current human rheumatoid factor-IgG ELISA kit was 1.0 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 15.0 – 500.0 U/ml.
- [Rheumatoid factor and its related anti-IgG antibodies: the present state and perspective]. Nihon Rinsho Meneki Gakkai Kaishi. (2002) 25 (4): 319-29. Review. Japanese. Ota T.
- IgG rheumatoid factors and self-association of these antibodies. Clin Rheum Dis. (1985) 11 (3): 551-72. Review. Mannik M. and Nardella F.A.
- The structure of a human rheumatoid factor bound to IgG Fc. Adv Exp Med Biol. (1998) 435: 41-50. Review. Sutton B.J., et al.
- The effects of altered glycosylation of IgG on rheumatoid factor-binding and immune complex formation. Adv Exp Med Biol. (1995) 376: 155-60. Review. Soltys A.J., et al.
- [Immunological and serological tests for diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis: IgG-RF]. Nihon Rinsho. (2005) 63 Suppl 1: 322-7. Review. Japanese. Miyashima S.
- Rheumatoid factor diversity. In Vivo. (1988) 2 (1): 73-7. Review. Koopman W.J. and Schrohenloher R.E.
- Full Name: Rheumatoid Factor IgG ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: 1.0 U/ml