- Created on the 8 September, 2017.
Respiratory-syncytial virus (RSV) is a linear negative sense, single stranded RNA genome which contains a lipoprotein coat, it belongs to the Pneumoviridae family of viruses. RSV is approx. 15,000 nucleotides in length and contains four viral genes that code for intracellular proteins, namely M (matrix protein), N (nucleoprotein), L (“large” protein) and P (phosphoprotein). These proteins play vital roles for cellular processes such as particle budding, transcription and replication. The virus is responsible for causing infection of the lungs or the respiratory tract and it can be transmitted via large droplets or direct contact with infected people. ELISA assay procedures are useful for serological diagnosis of RSV infections, they offer high degree of sensitivity, specificity and can be used to differentiate antigen into their respective immunoglobulin classes.
Human RSV IgM ELISA kit is a method intended for analysing in-vitro quantitative levels of human IgM antibodies against respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) using serum and plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.7 U/ml.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human respiratory syncytial virus IgM using this human RSV IgM ELISA kit was 1.7 U/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 1.0 – 150.0 U/ml.
- Application of ELISA for IgM, IgA and antigen detection for rapid diagnosis of respiratory-syncytial virus infections: a comparative study. Clin Diagn Virol. (1995) 3 (1): 17-27. Varsano N., et al.
- [Evaluation of serum specific IgM detection in diagnosis of respiratory viral infections in children]. Zhonghua Er Ke Za Zhi. (2012) 50 (6): 440-4. Chinese. Song Q.W., et al.
- Atopy does not predispose to RSV bronchiolitis or post-bronchiolitic wheezing. Br Med J (Clin Res Ed). (1981) 282 (6282): 2086-8. Sims D.G., et al.
- Detection of an immunoglobulin M response in the elderly for early diagnosis of respiratory-syncytial virus infection. J Clin Microbiol. (1988) 26 (5): 808-11. Vikerfors T., et al.
- Full Name: Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) IgM ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: 1.7 U/ml