- Created on the 8 September, 2017.
Human RSV IgG ELISA kit is a procedure designed for detecting in-vitro quantitative amounts of human IgG antibodies to respiratory syncytial virus (RSV IgG) using samples of plasma or serum. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.22 U/ml.
Respiratory-syncytial virus (RSV) is a member of the family Pneumoviridae, it is a negative sense, single stranded RNA virus causing infections of the lungs and the respiratory tract. Human RSV contains a lipoprotein coat and a linear negative-sense RNA genome (approx. 15,000 nucleotides in length). There are four viral genes N (nucleoprotein), P (phosphoprotein), M (matrix protein) and L (“large” protein), all of these are responsible for coding for intracellular proteins that are important for processes like transcription, replication and particle budding. This virus can be transmitted via large droplets or through secretions from contact with infected individuals. ELISA assay’s are frequently used for serological diagnosis of RSV infections, they offer specificity, sensitivity and allow differentiation of antigens into their specific immunoglobulin classes.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgG antibodies to respiratory syncytial virus (RSV-IgG) using current human RSV IgG ELISA kit was 1.22 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.0 – 150.0 U/ml.
- Development of a luciferase immunoprecipitation system assay to detect IgG antibodies against human respiratory-syncytial virus nucleoprotein. Clin Vaccine Immunol. (2014) 21 (3): 383-90. Kumari S., et al.
- Antibody response and avidity of respiratory syncytial virus-specific total IgG, IgG1, and IgG3 in young children. J Med Virol. (2011) 83 (10): 1826-33. Freitas G.R., et al.
- Seroprevalence of anti-RSV IgG in Thai children aged 6 months to 5 years. Asian Pac J Allergy Immunol. (2003) 21 (4): 269-71.
- [The standardization of an ultramicro ELISA assay for the detection of IgG antibodies to the respiratory-syncytial virus]. Rev Cubana Med Trop. (1996) 48 (3): 161-2. Spanish. Savón C., et al.
- Full Name: Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) IgG ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.22 U/ml