- Created on the 20 March, 2017.
Regulated on activation normal T cell expressed and secreted (Rantes) is also known as Chemokine (C-C motif) ligand 5 (CCL5), is essentially a natural ligand for the chemokine receptor CCR5 and has the ability to potently suppress the in vitro replication of R5 strains of HIV-1, that is using CCR5 as a co-receptor. Rantes is chemotactic for basophils, eosinophils and T cells, it also plays a vital role in the recruitment of into inflammatory sites. The gene product of rantes is predicted to be 10 kDa and after cleavage of the signal peptide, approx. 8 kDa. From the 68 residues remaining, where 4 are cysteines and none are N-linked glycosylated. It is usually expressed by cultured T cell lines that are growth factor dependent and antigen specific.
There is evidence that it can induce the activation and proliferation of a number of natural-killer cells to form CHAK Chemokine-activated killer) cells with the aid of particular cytokines (in particular IL-2 and IFN-γ). CCL5 is also known as a HIV-suppressive factor that can be released from CD8+ T cells. Peripheral blood mononuclear cells or CD4(+) lymphocytes that are obtained from different individuals have been found to display a wide variations in their ability to secrete RANTES. CCL5 has been shown to interact with CCR1, CCR3 and CCR5, it can activate G-protein coupled receptor GPR75.
Rantes ELISA kit is intended for measuring in vitro quantitative levels of regulated on activation normal T cell expressed and secreted (rantes)(CCL5) in human serum, cell culture supernatant, urine and plasma (citrate, EDTA, heparin). This assay has a minimum detection limit of < 3.0 pg/ml.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of rantes (CCL5) using this human rantes ELISA kit was 3.0 pg/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 15.6 – 1,000 pg/ml.
- RANTES: a versatile and controversial chemokine. Trends Immunol. (2001) 22 (2): 83-7. Review. Appay V. and Rowland-Jones S.L.
- Angiogenic properties of the chemokine RANTES/CCL5. Biochem Soc Trans. (2011) 39 (6): 1649-53. Review. Suffee N., et al.
- Rational design of novel HIV-1 entry inhibitors by RANTES engineering. Vaccine. (2008) 26 (24): 3008-15. Review. Vangelista L., et al.
- The inflammatory chemokine CCL5 and cancer progression. Mediators Inflamm. (2014) 2014: 292376. Review. Aldinucci D. and Colombatti A.
- MCP-1 and RANTES are mediators of acute and chronic inflammation. Allergy Asthma Proc. (2001) 22 (3): 133-7. Review. Conti P. and DiGioacchino M.
- Full Name: Rantes (CCL5) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Cell Culture Supernatant, Plasma, Urine
- Sensitivity: < 3.0 pg/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
- Receptor Activator Nuclear Factor Kappa B (RANK) ELISA Kit
- Monocyte Chemotactic Protein 1 (MCP-1) ELISA Kit
- Resistin ELISA Kit