Rantes ELISA kit is intended for measuring in vitro quantitative levels of regulated on activation normal T cell expressed and secreted (Rantes, CCL5) in human serum, cell culture supernatant, urine and plasma (citrate, EDTA, heparin). This assay has a minimum detection limit of < 3.0 pg/ml.
Rantes is also known as Chemokine (C-C motif) ligand 5 (CCL5), is essentially a natural ligand for the chemokine receptor CCR5 and has the ability to potently suppress the in vitro replication of R5 strains of HIV-1, that is using CCR5 as a co-receptor. Rantes is chemotactic for basophils, eosinophils and T cells, it also plays a vital role in the recruitment of into inflammatory sites. The gene product of rantes is predicted to be 10 kDa and after cleavage of the signal peptide, approx. 8 kDa. From the 68 residues remaining, where 4 are cysteines and none are N-linked glycosylated. It is usually expressed by cultured T cell lines that are growth factor dependent and antigen specific.
The following Rantes ELISA kit can be used for analysing many different types of diagnostic applications. There is evidence that it can induce the activation and proliferation of a number of natural-killer cells to form CHAK Chemokine-activated killer) cells with the aid of particular cytokines (in particular IL-2 and IFN-γ). CCL5 is also known as a HIV-suppressive factor that can be released from CD8+ T cells. Peripheral blood mononuclear cells or CD4(+) lymphocytes that are obtained from different individuals have been found to display a wide variations in their ability to secrete Rantes. CCL5 has been shown to interact with CCR1, CCR3 and CCR5, it can activate G-protein coupled receptor GPR75. This Rantes ELISA kit offers a sensitivity level of 3.0 pg/ml and it can be used to measure human samples of plasma, serum, urine and cell culture supernatant.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of CCL5 (rantes) using current human Rantes ELISA kit was 3.0 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 15.6 – 1,000 pg/ml.
- RANTES: a versatile and controversial chemokine. Trends Immunol. (2001) 22 (2): 83-7. Review. Appay V. and Rowland-Jones S.L.
- Angiogenic properties of the chemokine RANTES/CCL5. Biochem Soc Trans. (2011) 39 (6): 1649-53. Review. Suffee N., et al.
- Rational design of novel HIV-1 entry inhibitors by RANTES engineering. Vaccine. (2008) 26 (24): 3008-15. Review. Vangelista L., et al.
- The inflammatory chemokine CCL5 and cancer progression. Mediators Inflamm. (2014) 2014: 292376. Review. Aldinucci D. and Colombatti A.
- MCP-1 and RANTES are mediators of acute and chronic inflammation. Allergy Asthma Proc. (2001) 22 (3): 133-7. Review. Conti P. and DiGioacchino M.
- Full Name: Rantes (CCL5) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Cell Culture Supernatant, Plasma, Urine
- Sensitivity: < 3.0 pg/ml