- Created on the 29 August, 2018.
Dog rabies virus IgM ELISA kit is intended for detecting quantitative quantity of IgM antibodies against canine rabies virus (RV) in dog plasma and serum samples. This assay has a quantitative and qualitative standard range.
Rabies virus (RV) can exist in two different forms; furious rabies which mostly infects the brain and paralytic rabies which most often infects the spinal cord. This virus predominately infects warm blooded species, saliva is the most common form of transmission and carnivores for example; bats, domestic dogs, cats and rodents are found to transmit this infection to humans and dogs. In most cases, the infection of dogs by this virus can be fatal. The following protocol is suitable for carrying out rapid screening procedures, this is due to the use a semi purified rabies virus (RV) which is ideal for measuring rabies antibodies which may be present in serum and plasma samples of dogs.
The standard range of IgM antibodies to canine rabies virus (RV) using current dog rabies virus IgM ELISA Kit is qualitative and quantitative. Please contact us for the protocol insert for more details.
- Anti-rabies virus IgM in serum and cerebrospinal fluid from rabid dogs. Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health. (1986) 17 (4): 550-7. Tingpalapong M., et al.
- Reinvestigating the role of IgM in rabies virus postexposure vaccination. J Virol. (2013) 87 (16): 9217-22. Dorfmeier C.L., et al.
- Mechanisms of rabies virus neutralization. Virology. (1993) 194 (1): 302-13. Flamand A., et al.
- Immunoglobulin response to rabies virus immunization in dogs. Vaccine. (1991) 9 (9): 611-2. Jayakumar R. and Ramadass P.
- Full Name: Rabies Virus IgM ELISA Kit (Dog)
- Reactivity: Dog
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: Qualitative, Quantitative