Rabies virus (RV) is known to infect mainly warm blooded species, there are two different forms of it. Paralytic rabies (usually spinal cord infections) and furious rabies (usually brain infections). The virus is found in saliva and this represent the most favoured form of transmission, sporadic cases through aerosol infections have also been discovered. The infection of dogs by rabies virus (RV) in most cases tends to be fatal, carnivores such as; domestic dogs, cats, rodents and bats are known to be responsible transmitting infections to dogs and humans. The following procedure relies of the use of a semi purified virus which is designed as a rapid screen in order to detect rabies antibodies in dog plasma and serum samples.
Dog rabies virus IgG ELISA kit is designed to analyse quantitative amounts of IgG antibodies against canine rabies virus (RV) in serum or plasma samples of dogs. This assay has a quantitative and qualitative standard range.
The standard range of IgG antibodies to canine rabies virus (RV) using current dog rabies virus IgG ELISA kit is qualitative and quantitative. Please contact us for the protocol insert for more details.
- Immunoglobulin response to rabies virus immunization in dogs. Vaccine. (1991) 9 (9): 611-2. Jayakumar R. and Ramadass P.
- Identification of rabies virus mimotopes screened from a phage display peptide library with purified dog anti-rabies virus serum IgG. Virus Res. (2013) 174 (1-2): 47-51. Yang L., et al.
- Standardization of an enzyme immunoassay for the in vitro potency assay of inactivated tissue culture rabies vaccines: determination of the rabies virus glycoprotein with polyclonal antisera. J Biol Stand. (1989) 17 (4): 291-309. Thraenhart O. and Ramakrishnan K.
- Measurement of rabies-specific antibodies in carnivores by an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay. J Wildl Dis. (1988) 24 (2): 246-58. Barton L.D. and Campbell J.B.
- Full Name: Rabies Virus IgG ELISA Kit (Dog)
- Reactivity: Dog
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: Qualitative, Quantitative