Human prothrombin antibody IgG/IgM ELISA kit is designed for in-vitro quantitative analysis of IgG and IgM auto-antibodies to prothrombin Ab (prothrombin IgG/IgM, anti-prothrombin IgG/IgM) in human serum and plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.0 U/ml.
Prothrombin is a glycoprotein that is vital during blood clotting and it is a carbohydrate-protein compound present in blood plasma. They can be converted to thrombin and this can transform fibrinogen into fibrin. The following human prothrombin antibody IgG/IgM ELISA kit is ideal for many types of diagnostic applications. Coagulation is a process whereby fibrin and platelets form clots. In standard circumstances it is only during bleeding that fibrin and blood clots are produced. There is also a tendency for prolonged bleeding if there is a deficiency in prothrombin, this is commonly referred to as hypoprothrombinemia.
PROTHROMBIN AB IGG/IGM ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Divisible Microplate: Consisting of 12 modules of 8 wells, highly purified prothrombin is bound to microwells.
- Calibrator A-F: Concentration 0-100 U/ml, made up from human anti-prothrombin antibody.
- Control Positive and Control Negative: Containing anti-prothrombin antibodies in a serum/buffer matrix.
- Sample Buffer (5x).
- Enzyme Conjugate: Contains anti-human IgG antibodies, HRP labelled.
- Enzyme Conjugate: Contains anti-human IgM antibodies, HRP labelled.
- Substrate: Tetramethylbenzidin (TMB).
- Stop Solution.
- Wash Buffer (50x concentrated).
- Instruction for Use.
- Certificate of Analysis.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgG or IgM antibodies to prothrombin Ab (anti-prothrombin IgG/IgM, prothrombin IgG/IgM) using current human prothrombin antibody IgG/IgM ELISA kit was 1.0 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 6.3 – 100.0 U/ml.
- Different anticoagulant and immunological properties of anti-prothrombin antibodies in patients with antiphospholipid antibodies. Thromb Haemost. (1997) 77 (3): 486-91. Galli M., et al.
- Utility of antiphosphatidylserine/prothrombin and IgA antiphospholipid assays in systemic lupus erythematosus. J Rheumatol. (2013) 40 (3): 282-6. Akhter E., et al.
- Detection of antiphosphatidylserine/prothrombin antibodies and their potential diagnostic value. Clin Dev Immunol. (2013) 2013: 724592. Žigon P., et al.
- The clinical significance of anti-prothrombin antibodies for risk assessment of thromboembolism in patients with lupus anticoagulant. Thromb Res. (2007) 120 (2): 295-302. Sailer T., et al.
- Validation of a commercially available kit to detect anti-phosphatidylserine/prothrombin antibodies in a cohort of systemic lupus erythematosus patients. Thromb Res. (2014) 133 (3): 451-4. Sciascia S., et al.
- Full Name: Prothrombin Ab IgG/IgM ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.0 U/ml