- Created on the 16 June, 2017.
Human prothrombin IgG/IgM ELISA kit is designed for in-vitro quantitative analysis of IgG and IgM auto-antibodies to prothrombin Ab in human serum and plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.0 U/ml.
Prothrombin is a glycoprotein that is vital during blood clotting and it is a carbohydrate-protein compound present in blood plasma. They can be converted to thrombin and this can transform fibrinogen into fibrin. Coagulation is a process whereby fibrin and platelets form clots. In standard circumstances it is only during bleeding that fibrin and blood clots are produced. There is also a tendency for prolonged bleeding if there is a deficiency in prothrombin, this is commonly referred to as hypoprothrombinemia. The following prothrombin IgG/IgM ELISA kit is ideal for many types of diagnostic applications.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgG or IgM antibodies to human prothrombin using current human prothrombin IgG/IgM ELISA kit was 1.0 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 6.3 – 100.0 U/ml.
- Different anticoagulant and immunological properties of anti-prothrombin antibodies in patients with antiphospholipid antibodies. Thromb Haemost. (1997) 77 (3): 486-91. Galli M., et al.
- Utility of antiphosphatidylserine/prothrombin and IgA antiphospholipid assays in systemic lupus erythematosus. J Rheumatol. (2013) 40 (3): 282-6. Akhter E., et al.
- Detection of antiphosphatidylserine/prothrombin antibodies and their potential diagnostic value. Clin Dev Immunol. (2013) 2013: 724592. Žigon P., et al.
- The clinical significance of anti-prothrombin antibodies for risk assessment of thromboembolism in patients with lupus anticoagulant. Thromb Res. (2007) 120 (2): 295-302. Sailer T., et al.
- Validation of a commercially available kit to detect anti-phosphatidylserine/prothrombin antibodies in a cohort of systemic lupus erythematosus patients. Thromb Res. (2014) 133 (3): 451-4. Sciascia S., et al.
- Full Name: Prothrombin Ab IgG/IgM ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.0 U/ml