Human prothrombin antibody IgA ELISA kit is an in-vitro quantitative method for detecting levels of IgA auto-antibodies to anti-prothrombin antibody (prothrombin Ab IgA, anti-prothrombin IgA) in human plasma and serum. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.0 U/ml.
Prothrombin is a carbohydrate-protein compound which is an important component of the process of blood clotting, it is essentially a glycoprotein that is present in the blood plasma. Prothrombin is converted to thrombin with the help of prothrombinase (factor X), thrombin then acts in order to transformed fibrinogen into fibrin. The following human prothrombin antibody IgA ELISA kit can be used for a variety of diagnostic applications. Platelets and fibrin are responsible for forming clots (this process is known as coagulation). Under normal circumstances, fibrin and blood clots are only formed in response to bleeding. A deficiency in prothrombin (called hypoprothrombinemia) is defined by its prolonged bleeding tendency.
PROTHROMBIN AB IGA ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Divisible Microplate: Consisting of 12 modules of 8 wells, highly purified prothrombin is bound to microwells.
- Calibrator A-F: Concentration 0-100 U/ml, made up from human anti-prothrombin antibody.
- Control Positive and Control Negative: Containing anti-prothrombin antibodies in a serum/buffer matrix.
- Sample Buffer (5x).
- Enzyme Conjugate: Contains anti-human IgA antibodies, HRP labelled.
- TMB Substrate.
- Stop Solution: Contains acid.
- Wash Buffer (50x).
- Instruction for Use.
- Certificate of Analysis.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgA antibodies to prothrombin (anti-prothrombin antibody IgA, prothrombin Ab IgA) using current human prothrombin antibody IgA ELISA kit was 1.0 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 6.3 – 100.0 U/ml.
- The biology of prothrombin. Crit Rev Eukaryot Gene Expr. (1998) 8 (2): 203-24. Review. Degen S.J. and Sun W.Y.
- The transition of prothrombin to thrombin. J Thromb Haemost. (2013) 11 Suppl 1: 265-76. Review. Krishnaswamy S.
- Anti-prothrombin (aPT) and anti-phosphatidylserine/prothrombin (aPS/PT) antibodies and the risk of thrombosis in the antiphospholipid syndrome. A systematic review. Thromb Haemost. (2014) 111 (2): 354-64. Review. Sciascia S., et al.
- Antibodies to prothrombin. Lupus. (2012) 21 (7): 729-31. Review. Bertolaccini M.L.
- Abnormalities of prothrombin: a review of the pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment. Haemophilia. (2008) 14 (6): 1159-63. Review. Meeks S.L. and Abshire T.C.
- Full Name: Prothrombin Ab IgA ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.0 U/ml