- Created on the 16 June, 2017.
Human prothrombin IgA ELISA kit is an in-vitro quantitative method for detecting levels of IgA auto-antibodies to prothrombin Ab in human plasma and serum. This prothrombin IgA ELISA kit has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.0 U/ml.
Prothrombin is a carbohydrate-protein compound which is an important component of the process of blood clotting, it is essentially a glycoprotein that is present in the blood plasma. Prothrombin is converted to thrombin with the help of prothrombinase (factor X), thrombin then acts in order to transformed fibrinogen into fibrin. Platelets and fibrin are responsible for forming clots (this process is known as coagulation). Under normal circumstances, fibrin and blood clots are only formed in response to bleeding. A deficiency in prothrombin (called hypoprothrombinemia) is defined by its prolonged bleeding tendency. Prothrombin IgA ELISA kit can be used for a variety of diagnostic applications.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human prothrombin IgA auto-antibodies using this human prothrombin IgA ELISA kit was 1.0 U/ml. The dynamic range for this ELISA assay is 6.3 – 100.0 U/ml.
- The biology of prothrombin. Crit Rev Eukaryot Gene Expr. (1998) 8 (2): 203-24. Review. Degen S.J. and Sun W.Y.
- The transition of prothrombin to thrombin. J Thromb Haemost. (2013) 11 Suppl 1: 265-76. Review. Krishnaswamy S.
- Anti-prothrombin (aPT) and anti-phosphatidylserine/prothrombin (aPS/PT) antibodies and the risk of thrombosis in the antiphospholipid syndrome. A systematic review. Thromb Haemost. (2014) 111 (2): 354-64. Review. Sciascia S., et al.
- Antibodies to prothrombin. Lupus. (2012) 21 (7): 729-31. Review. Bertolaccini M.L.
- Abnormalities of prothrombin: a review of the pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment. Haemophilia. (2008) 14 (6): 1159-63. Review. Meeks S.L. and Abshire T.C.
- Full Name: Prothrombin Ab IgA ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.0 U/ml