- Created on the 8 September, 2017.
Human poliomyelitis virus IgG ELISA kit is a procedure for measuring in-vitro quantitative concentrations of human IgG antibodies against poliomyelitis virus using samples of plasma or serum. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.4 U/ml.
Poliomyelitis (often known as polio or infantile paralysis) is caused through the infection by polivirus (PV), a family member of the genus Enterovirus. These are a group of RNA viruses which tend to colonise within the gastrointestinal tract (more specifically the oropharynx and the intestine). Poliomyelitis is highly contagious through the intestinal route (fecal-oral) and the oropharyngeal route (oral-oral), there is evidence that wild polioviruses can lead to infecting an entire human population within endemic areas.The disease can be prevented by using the polio vaccine but it could require many doses for the vaccine to be effective. The disease is usually diagnosed by finding the virus within the feces or using antibodies against it in the blood, also only in humans it is found to occur naturally.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgG antibodies to poliomyelitis virus using current human poliomyelitis virus IgG ELISA kit was 1.4 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.0 – 150.0 U/ml.
- [Introduction to a study of specific antibodies (IgG and IgM) detection with ELISA in the diagnosis of poliomyelitis]. Arch Inst Pasteur Alger. (1998) 62: 233-52. French. Khenchouche A., et al.
- Human monoclonal antibodies that neutralize vaccine and wild-type poliovirus strains. Antiviral Res. (2014) 108: 36-43. Puligedda R.D., et al.
- Use of gold IgG complexes and human antisera for electron microscopic identification of hepatitis A virus and polioviruses. J Virol Methods. (1986) 13 (3): 207-14. Kjeldsberg E.
- Inhibition of virus-induced age-dependent poliomyelitis by interferon-gamma. Antiviral Res. (1997) 36 (1): 1-9. Cafruny W.A., et al.
- A mucosal adjuvant for the inactivated poliovirus vaccine. Vaccine. (2014) 32 (5): 558-63. Steil B.P., et al.
- Neutralization of poliovirus by polyclonal antibodies requires binding of a single IgG molecule per virion. Arch Virol. (1986) 91 (3-4): 207-20. Wetz K., et al.
- Full Name: Poliomyelitis Virus IgG ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.4 U/ml