Equine PMSG ELISA kit is intended for quantitatively measuring specific pregnant mare serum levels in equine (horse) plasma or serum. The dynamic range for this assay is 25.0 – 800.0 mIU/ml.
PMSG or equine chorionic gonadotrophin is a hormone that is used alongside progesterone in order to induce ovulation in livestock before carrying out artificial insemination. Pregnant mares are found to secrete this hormone between the 40th and the 120th days of gestation, it is secreted by their endometrial cups and can be collected so that it is used to artificially induce estrus in the female cattle, sheep, swine and goats. The advantages of using PMSG is its longer circulatory half-life, even though it is less pure than pituitary extracts. The detection of PMSG levels offers a specific test for pregnancy because this hormone can only be present in pregnant mare.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of horse pregnant mare serum using current equine PMSG ELISA kit as per instruction manual. The dynamic range which can be expected using this assay is 25.0 – 800.0 mIU/ml.
- Immunochemical study of equine chorionic gonadotropin (eCG/PMSG): antigenic determinants on alpha- and beta-subunits. Biochim Biophys Acta. (1992) 1159 (1): 74-80. Maurel M.C., et al.
- Radio-immunoassay for PMSG and its application to in-vivo studies. J Reprod Fertil. (1979) 55 (2): 339-45. Menzer C. and Schams D.
- Influence of PMSG and time of artificial insemination on fertility of progestogen-treated sheep in confinement. J Anim Sci. (1982) 54 (6): 1205-11. Langford G.A.
- PMSG profiles in superovulated and anti-PMSG antiserum treated mice and heifers with enzyme immunoassay. Jpn J Vet Res. (1991) 39 (1): 11-21. Katagiri S., et al.
- Enzyme immunoassay (EIA) for equine chorionic gonadotropin/pregnant mare serum gonadotropin (eCG/PMSG). J Immunoassay. (1992) 13 (4): 483-93. Lecompte F. and Combarnous Y.
- Laboratory methods of equine pregnancy diagnosis. Vet Rec. (1977) 100 (19): 396-9. Review. Walker D.
- Full Name: PMSG ELISA Kit (Equine)
- Reactivity: Equine
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: n/a