- Created on the 16 June, 2017.
Human anti-phospholipid screen ELISA kit is intended for screening in-vitro quantitative levels of IgG and IgM auto-antibodies to beta-2-glycoprotein I and phospholipid in human serum and plasma samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 0.5 U/ml.
Anti-phospholipid antibodies are often found in autoimmune disorders (such as Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, SLE), they have also been found in some cancers and HIV. Cardiolipin antibodies and lupus anticoagulant are the most common anti-phospholipid antibodies, others that have also be analysed include anti-phosphatidylserine and anti-beta2 glycoprotein. Antiphospholipid antibodies can be either tested for beta2 glycoprotein I or cardiolipin (this involves the detection of several classes IgA, IgG, and/or IgM) or lupus anticoagulant assays (a functional test that measures time taken for patient sample to clot, phosopholipids play an important part in the clotting process). The following anti-phospholipid screen ELISA kit can be used to help in the diagnosis and risk estimation of thrombosis in patients with either SLE or APS. There are a number of studies which have indicated a correlation between these autoantibodies and an enhanced incidence of thrombosis and thrombocytopenia.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human anti-phospholipid antibodies IgM and IgG autoantibodies to phospholipids and beta-2-glycoprotein I using current human anti-phospholipid screen ELISA kit was 0.5 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 6.3 – 100.0 U/ml.
- Coagulation assays for the lupus anticoagulant: review and critique of current methodology. Stroke. (1992) 23 (2 Suppl): I11-4. Review. Triplett D.A.
- The anti-phospholipid antibody syndrome (Hughes syndrome): therapeutic aspects. Baillieres Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol. (2000) 14 (1): 151-63. Cuadrado M.J. and Khamashta M.A.
- Surprising roles for phospholipid binding proteins revealed by high throughput genetics. Biochem Cell Biol. (2010) 88 (4): 565-74. Review. LeBlanc M.A. and McMaster C.R.
- Autoantibodies to phospholipids–new looks at old diseases–a primer for physicians. J Okla State Med Assoc. (1992) 85 (2): 61-8. Review. McCarty G.A.
- Full Name: Phospholipid Screen IgG/IgM ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: 0.5 U/ml