Human phospholipid screen IgG/IgM ELISA kit is intended for screening in-vitro quantitative levels of IgG and IgM auto-antibodies to beta-2 glycoprotein I and anti phospholipid in human serum and plasma samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 0.5 U/ml.
Anti-phospholipid antibodies are often found in autoimmune disorders (such as Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, SLE), they have also been found in some cancers and HIV. Cardiolipin antibodies and lupus anticoagulant are the most common anti-phospholipid antibodies, others that have also be analysed include anti-phosphatidylserine and anti-beta2 glycoprotein. Anti-phospholipid antibodies can be either tested for beta-2 glycoprotein I or cardiolipin (this involves the detection of several classes IgA, IgG, and/or IgM) or lupus anticoagulant assays (a functional test that measures time taken for patient sample to clot, phosopholipids play an important part in the clotting process). The following phospholipid IgG/IgM ELISA kit can be used to help in the diagnosis and risk estimation of thrombosis in patients with either SLE or APS. There are a number of studies which have indicated a correlation between these autoantibodies and an enhanced incidence of thrombosis and thrombocytopenia.
PHOSPHOLIPID SCREEN IGG/IGM ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Divisible Microplate: Consisting of 12 modules of 8 wells each, highly purified mixture of human beta-2 glycoprotein I, cardiolipin, phosphatidyl inositol, phosphatidic acid and phosphatidyl serine is bound to microwells.
- Calibrator A-F: Concentration 0-100 U/ml, made up from human anti-phospholipid antibody.
- Control Positive and Control Negative: Containing human anti-phospholipid antibodies in a serum/buffer matrix.
- Sample Buffer P (5x).
- Enzyme Conjugate: Contains anti-human IgG antibodies, HRP labelled.
- Enzyme Conjugate: Contains anti-human IgM antibodies, HRP labelled.
- TMB Substrate.
- Stop Solution: Contains acid).
- Wash Buffer (50x).
- Instruction for Use.
- Certificate of Analysis.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgG and IgM autoantibodies to screen phospholipids IgG/IgM and beta-2-glycoprotein I using current human phospholipid IgG/IgM ELISA kit was 0.5 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 6.3 – 100.0 U/ml.
- Coagulation assays for the lupus anticoagulant: review and critique of current methodology. Stroke. (1992) 23 (2 Suppl): I11-4. Review. Triplett D.A.
- The anti-phospholipid antibody syndrome (Hughes syndrome): therapeutic aspects. Baillieres Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol. (2000) 14 (1): 151-63. Cuadrado M.J. and Khamashta M.A.
- Surprising roles for phospholipid binding proteins revealed by high throughput genetics. Biochem Cell Biol. (2010) 88 (4): 565-74. Review. LeBlanc M.A. and McMaster C.R.
- Autoantibodies to phospholipids–new looks at old diseases–a primer for physicians. J Okla State Med Assoc. (1992) 85 (2): 61-8. Review. McCarty G.A.
- Full Name: Phospholipid Screen IgG/IgM ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: 0.5 U/ml