- Created on the 8 September, 2017.
Parvovirus B19 is a member of the genus Erythrovirus and family Parvoviridae, it is a small single stranded DNA virus which only infects humans. Majority of the virus is transfected via the respiratory secretions, however, some is found to go through blood transfusions, from mother to baby via the placenta and bone marrow transplants. There is zero chance of this virus to be transferred from humans to pet animals since it displays no cross reactivity whatsoever. Parvovirus B19 has been associated with a number of autoimmune diseases, immunocytopenia in immunocompromised patients, however, one of the commonest infections discovered is erythema infectiosum that is present in children. Other diseases it can cause are peripheral neuropathy, myocarditis, encephalitis, meningitis and hepatitis.
Human parvovirus B19-IgM ELISA kit is intended for qualitative and semi-quantitative analysis of IgM class of antibodies against parvovirus B19 in serum. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 0.63 DU/ml.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human parvovirus B19 IgM using this human parvovirus B19-IgM ELISA kit was 0.63 DU/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit was to a specific cut-off point.
- Assessment of the specificity of a commercial human parvovirus B19 IgM assay. Clin Diagn Virol. (1997) 7 (3): 133-7. Jensen I.P. and Vestergaard B.F.
- Comparative evaluation of three recombinant antigen-based enzyme immunoassays for detection of IgM and IgG antibodies to human parvovirus B19. Clin Diagn Virol. (1998) 9 (1): 57-63. Pickering J.W., et al.
- Comparison of three enzyme immunoassays used to detect human parvovirus B19-specific IgM antibodies in sera of people suspected of measles. Med Sci Monit. (2010) 16 (5): BR154-9. Siennicka J. and Trzcińska A.
- Differential IgM response to conformational and linear epitopes of parvovirus B19 VP1 and VP2 structural proteins. J Med Virol. (2001) 64 (1): 67-73. Manaresi E., et al.
- Evaluation of 4 commercial test kits for parvovirus B19-specific IgM. J Virol Methods. (1995) 55 (1): 11-25. Cohen B.J. and Bates C.M.
- Full Name: Parvovirus B19 IgM ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum
- Sensitivity: 0.63 DU/ml