- Created on the 8 September, 2017.
Human parvovirus B19 IgG ELISA kit can be used for detecting qualitative and semi-quantitative levels of IgG class of antibodies against parvovirus B19 in serum sample. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of diagn. 93%.
Parvovirus B19 (B19V) is among some of the smallest single-stranded DNA virus that form part of the Parvoviridae (family) Erythrovirus (genus). It is found to infect only humans and display zero cross reactivity between animal parvoviruses and B19, thereby it is not to transmit this between humans and pets. The general transmission of this virus is through respiratory secretions, however, it is also known to be passed via bone marrow transplant, blood transfusion and to the baby from the mother via the placenta. Parvovirus B19 is a common infection which is found present as erythema infectiosum in children, other diseases which have also been associated with it include: meningitis, hepatitis, peripheral neuropathy, encephalitis and myocarditis. It can also lead to immunocytopenia in immunocompromised patients and is further linked to the development of a number of autoimmune diseases.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgG antibodies to parvovirus B19 using current human parvovirus B19 IgG ELISA kit was diagn. 93%. The dynamic range for this assay was to a specific cut-off point.
- Report of a collaborative study to establish the international standard for parvovirus B19 serum IgG. Biologicals. (1997) 25 (3): 283-8. Ferguson M., et al.
- Increased seroprevalence of IgG-class antibodies against cytomegalovirus, parvovirus B19, and varicella-zoster virus in women working in child day care. BMC Public Health. (2012) 12: 475. van Rijckevorsel G.G., et al.
- Comparative evaluation of tests for detection of parvovirus B19 IgG and IgM. APMIS. (2014) 122 (3): 223-9. de Ory F., et al.
- Intrauterine therapy for parvovirus B19 infected symptomatic fetus using B19 IgG-rich high titer gammaglobulin. J Perinat Med. (2005) 33 (6): 561-3. Matsuda H., et al.
- Gender differences in the relationship of anti-parvovirus B19 IgG with antinuclear antibody and C-reactive protein in clinical adult serum samples. Rheumatol Int. (2010) 30 (4): 551-4. O’Bryan T.A. and Naides S.J.
- Full Name: Parvovirus B19 IgG ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum
- Sensitivity: diagn. 93%