- Created on the 7 September, 2017.
Human parainfluenza 1/2/3 IgM ELISA kit is designed for analysing in-vitro quantitative concentrations of human IgM antibodies against parainfluenza 1/2/3 with either plasma or serum. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.18 U/ml.
Parainfluenza viruses are 15-250 nm in size, negative sense, single stranded RNA that are made up of approx. 15, 000 nucleotides. There are essentially four distinct types which are known as type 1, 2, 3 and 4. All of these have a difference in the severity of the disease but all share antigenic cross-reactivity. In children some of the most frequent illnesses occur around the upper respiratory tract. Parainfluenza viruses are found to be very closely associated to either veterinary or human diseases. Common procedure that are used routinely to measure this virus include immunofluorescent microscopy, cell culture, PCR and ELISA. The results of the ELISA and HAI methods are comparable.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgM antibodies to parainfluenza 1/2/3 using this human parainfluenza 1/2/3 IgM ELISA kit was 1.18 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.0 – 200.0 U/ml.
- Diagnosis of parainfluenza virus infection in children and older patients by detection of specific IgM antibody. J Med Virol. (1985) 16 (2): 191-9. van der Logt J.T., et al.
- Enzyme immunoassays for detection of IgG and IgM antibodies to parainfluenza types 1, 2 and 3. J Virol Methods. (1989) 23 (1): 63-70. Vuorinen T. and Meurman O.
- The use of IgM antibody responses in the diagnosis of primary infections to measles, rubella, mumps, and M. Parainfluenzae viruses. Med Microbiol Immunol. (1978) 164 (4): 299-305. Bringuier J.P., et al.
- Contribution to laboratory diagnosis of mumps and parainfluenza. Acta Virol. (1988) 32 (6): 503-14. Franková V., et al.
- Full Name: Parainfluenza 1/2/3 IgM ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.18 U/ml