- Created on the 7 September, 2017.
There are presently four distinct types of parainfluenza viruses namely type 1, 2, 3 and 4. These are all single stranded, negative sense RNA which are 15-250 nm in size and made up of about 15, 000 nucleotides. They also share antigenic cross-reactivity, but display varying degree of severity for their respective diseases. Parainfluenza viruses have been closely linked to human and veterinary diseases. One of the most common illness displayed in children is one of the upper respiratory tract. Some of the most common methods for detecting these viruses include, cell culture, ELISA, immunofluorescent microscopy and PCR. The ELISA method is found to provide results which are comparable to the HAI procedure.
Human parainfluenza 1/2/3-IgG ELISA kit can be used to determine in-vitro quantitative levels of human IgG antibodies to parainfluenza 1/2/3 using samples of serum and plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.04 U/ml.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human parainfluenza 1/2/3 IgG using this human parainfluenza 1/2/3-IgG ELISA kit was 1.04 U/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 1.0 – 125.0 U/ml.
- Enzyme immunoassays for detection of IgG and IgM antibodies to parainfluenza types 1, 2 and 3. J Virol Methods. (1989) 23 (1): 63-70. Vuorinen T. and Meurman O.
- Serological diagnosis of mumps and parainfluenzatype-1 virus infectionsby enzyme immunoassay, with a comparison of two different approaches for detection of mumps IgG antibodies. Acta Pathol Microbiol Immunol Scand C. (1986) 94 (4): 157-66. Glikmann G. and Mordhorst C.H.
- Contribution to laboratory diagnosis of mumps and parainfluenza. Acta Virol. (1988) 32 (6): 503-14. Franková V., et al.
- Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for mumps and parainfluenzatype 1 immunoglobulin G and immunoglobulin M antibodies. J Clin Microbiol. (1980) 11 (4): 319-23. Ukkonen P., et al.
- Full Name: Parainfluenza 1/2/3 IgG ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.04 U/ml