Human parainfluenza 1/2/3 IgA ELISA kit is intended for analysing in-vitro quantitative levels of human IgA antibodies against parainfluenza 1/2/3 (parainfluenza-1 IgA, parainfluenza-2 IgA, parainfluenza-3 IgA) using serum or plasma samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 0.96 U/ml.
Parainfluenza viruses are classified as paramyxoviruses which can be grouped into 4 distinct single stranded RNA viruses (types 1, 2, 3, and 4). The viruses are negative sense RNA, approx. 15,000 nucleotides and 15-250 nm in size, they are also very closely associated with either human or veterinary disease. They tend to share antigenic cross-reactivity, however the severity of the disease is different for each of them. Parainfluenza type 1 probably causes croup, where type 3 can cause bronchiolitis and pneumonia in young infants. One of the most common illness found in children is of the upper respiratory tract displaying zero to low grade fever. The parainfluenza viruses can be detected through cell culture, PCR and immunofluorescent microscopy. ELISA and RIA assay procedure are able to provide results that are comparable to the HAI technique.
PARAINFLUENZA 1/2/3 IGA ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Parainfluenza antigen coated microtiter strips.
- Cut-Off Standard (Calibrator B).
- Positive Control (Calibrator D).
- Negative Control (Calibrator A).
- Weak Positive Control (Calibrator C).
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- TMB Substrate.
- Sample Diluent.
- Washing Buffer (10x).
- Stop Solution.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgA antibodies to parainfluenza 1/2/3 (parainfluenza-1 IgA, parainfluenza-2 IgA, parainfluenza-3 IgA) using current human parainfluenza-1/2/3 IgA ELISA kit was 0.96 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.0 – 100.0 U/ml.
– Parainfluenza ELISA: IgA
– Intra-Assay-Precision: 7.6 %
– Inter-Assay-Precision: 7.7 %
– Inter-Lot-Precision: 2.6 – 10.4 %
– Analytical Sensitivity: 0.96 U/mL
– Recovery: 94 – 106 %
– Linearity: 79 – 105 %
– Cross-Reactivity: No cross-reactivity to RSV, Adenovirus and Bordetella.
– Interferences: No interferences to triglycerides up to 5.0 mg/mL, hemoglobin up to 8.0 mg/mL and bilirubin up to 0.3 mg/mL.
– Clinical Specificity: 99 %
– Clinical Sensitivity: 100 %
- Haemophilus parainfluenzae antigen and antibody in children with IgA nephropathy and Henoch-Schönlein nephritis. Am J Kidney Dis. (2000) 36 (1): 47-52. Ogura Y., et al.
- Immune response of tonsillar lymphocytes to Haemophilus parainfluenzae in patients with IgA nephropathy. Clin Exp Immunol. (2000) 119 (2): 328-32. Suzuki S., et al.
- Isotype- and subclass-specific responses to infection and reinfection with parainfluenza-3 virus: comparison of the diagnostic potential of ELISAs detecting seroconversion and specific IgM and IgA. J Vet Diagn Invest. (1999) 11 (2): 127-33. Graham D.A., et al.
- Circulating IgA, IgG, and IgM class antibody against Haemophilus parainfluenzae antigens in patients with IgA nephropathy. Clin Exp Immunol. (1996) 104 (2): 306-11. Suzuki S., et al.
- Antibody responses to bovine parainfluenza virus type 3 (PIV3) vaccination and human PIV3 infection in young infants. J Infect Dis. (2001) 184 (7): 909-13. Lee M.S., et al.
- Full Name: Parainfluenza 1/2/3 IgA ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: 0.96 U/ml