- Created on the 27 April, 2017.
Human P-cadherin ELISA kit can be used for analysing in vitro quantitative concentrations of P-cadherin (cadherin-3, CDH3) in human serum and cell culture supernatant. This P-cadherin ELISA kit has a minimum sensitivity limit of < 2.0 pg/ml.
P-Cadherin (also known as CDH3) has a major role in structural integrity conversation of epithelial tissues and it is a predominant calcium dependent glycoprotein which is essential for cell-cell adhesion. These are important for homophilic binding that can be vital in growth and development of cells through the many control mechanisms of tissue maintenance and architecture. The cadeherin-3 (CDH3) gene has been identified to interact with CDH1, beta-catenin, nephrin, catenin alpha-1 and plakoglobin. It shares around 67 % of homology with the E-cadherin protein where the majority of difference can be found in the extracellular portion, however P-cadherin is less well characterized.
P-cadherin has been found to contribute to the biology of stem cells (e.g. normal mammary gland and hair follicle) and it has been reported to be present in in embryonic stem cells too. It is responsible for regulating many cellular homeostatic processes which are vital for embryonic development and in maintaining the architecture of adult tissues which can be important for cell shape, cell differentiation, cell polarity, cell growth and migration. The expression of cadherin can be regulated either by spatially or temporally and recent findings have indicated that P-cadherin expression is crucial in maintaining architecture of normal breast epithelial cells. The loss or mutation of P-cadherin has been found to induce many characteristic genetic syndromes such as hypotrichosis with juvenile macular dystrophy (HJMD), ectrodactyly and macular dystrophy (EEM syndrome) and ectodermal dysplasia. P-cadherin ELISA kit is intended for a variety of diagnostic applications.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of cadherin-3 (CDH3) using current human P-cadherin ELISA kit was 2.0 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this CDH3 ELISA assay is 62.5 – 4,000 pg/ml.
- Cadherins: The Superfamily Critically Involved in Breast Cancer. Curr Pharm Des. (2016) 22 (5): 616-38. Review. Ashaie M.A. and Chowdhury E.H.
- P-cadherin and the journey to cancer metastasis. Mol Cancer. (2015) 14: 178. Review. Vieira A.F. and Paredes J.
- Tuning the kinetics of cadherin adhesion. J Invest Dermatol. (2013) 133 (10): 2318-23. Review. Sivasankar S.
- Thinking outside the cell: how cadherins drive adhesion. Trends Cell Biol. (2012) 22 (6): 299-310. Review. Brasch J., et al.
- The role of P-cadherin in skin biology and skin pathology: lessons from the hair follicle. Cell Tissue Res. (2015) 360 (3): 761-71. Review. Samuelov L., et al.
- Full Name: P-Cadherin (CDH3) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Cell Culture Supernatant
- Sensitivity: < 2.0 pg/ml