Human noradrenaline research ELISA kit can be used for detecting in vitro quantitative concentrations of noradrenaline and norepinephrine in human plasma, other biological samples and cell culture medium. This assay has a minimum detection limit of 1.3 pg/ml.
Noradrenaline (also referred to as norepinephrine) is a neurotransmitter which functions mainly in the brain and belongs to the family of hormones which are referred to as catecholamines. Outside of the brain, one of its primary roles again is of a neurotransmitter through the sympathetic ganglia or it can be directly into the bloodsteam through the adrenal glands. Norepinephrine requires binding to specific surface receptors in order to have an effect of certain target cells, this is regardless of how and where it is being released. The release of norepinephrine is at its lowest during sleep and can reach peak levels during situations of stress and danger, this is often referred to as a fight-or-flight response.
The following norepinephrine research ELISA kit is suitable for various diagnostic applications. In the brain, noradrenaline can be formed in the nuclei or within closely packed brain cell neurons. It has a predominate role in mobilising the brain for efficient functioning, where it is widely known in helping to increase alertness and arousal, increase anxiety and restlessness, enhance the retrieval and formation of memory, promoting vigilance and focus attention. In the rest of the body norepinephrine functions in reducing blood flow to the gastrointestinal system, inhibiting gastrointestinal motility and voiding of the bladder, triggering the release of glucose from energy stores, increasing blood pressure and heart rate and increasing blood flow to skeletal muscles.
NORADRENALINE RESEARCH ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiter Plate – 1 x 96 wells (empty).
- Adhesive Foil – Adhesive Foils in a resealable pouch.
- Wash Buffer Concentrate (50x).
- Enzyme Conjugate – Goat anti-rabbit immunoglobulins, conjugated with peroxidase.
- Substrate – Chromogenic substrate containing tetramethylbenzidine (TMB).
- Stop Solution – 0.25 M sulfuric acid.
- Noradrenaline Microtiter Strips – 1 x 96 well (12×8) antigen precoated microwell plate.
- Noradrenaline Antiserum – Rabbit anti noradrenaline antibody.
- Adjustment TRIS Buffer.
- TE Buffer – TRIS-EDTA buffer.
- Standards (A-F) and Controls (1+2) – Concentration NAD: 0-32 ng/ml.
- Acylation Buffer.
- Acylation Reagent.
- Coenzyme – S-adenosyl-L-methionine.
- Enzyme (Lyophilized) – Catechol-O-methyltransferase.
- Extraction Plate – 2 x 48 well plates coated with boronate affinity gel.
- Hydrochloric Acid – 0.025 M Hydrochloric Acid.
The minimum sensitivity level of norepinephrine or noradrenaline using current human norepinephrine research ELISA kit was approximately 1.3 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.2 – 32 ng/ml.
- Effects of hypocretin and norepinephrine interaction in bed nucleus of the stria terminalis on arterial pressure. Neuroscience. (2013) 255: 278-91. Ciriello J., et al.
- Norepinephrine: a neuromodulator that boosts the function of multiple cell types to optimize CNS performance. Neurochem Res. (2012) 37 (11): 2496-512. Review. O’Donnell J., et al.
- Neurogenic orthostatic hypotension: roles of norepinephrine deficiency in its causes, its treatment, and future research directions. Curr Med Res Opin. (2015) 31 (11): 2095-104. Review. Loavenbruck A. and Sandroni P.
- Altered locus coeruleus-norepinephrine function following single prolonged stress. Eur J Neurosci. (2013) 37 (6): 901-9. George S.A., et al.
- Regulation of the norepinephrine transporter by endothelins: a potential therapeutic target. Vitam Horm. (2015) 98: 371-405. Review. Vatta M.S., et al.
- Norepinephrine inhibits the migratory activity of pancreatic cancer cells. Exp Cell Res. (2013) 319 (12): 1744-58. Stock A.M., et al.
- Full Name: Noradrenaline (Norepinerphrine) Research ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Other Biological Samples, Cell Culture Medium
- Sensitivity: 1.3 pg/ml