- Created on the 20 August, 2018.
Rat N-ERC/Mesothelin ELISA kit is a procedure designed for quantitative detection of rat N-ERC or mesothelin using samples of EDTA plasma, ascites, serum and cell culture supernatant. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 10.0 pg/ml.
ERC was initially identified to be expressed greatly in cancer affected renal tissue when compared to normal renal tissues in Eker rats. Mesothelin or MPF (megakaryocyte potentiating factor) are the equivalent human homologue of this protein. Protein is found to be expressed as a GPI anchor-type membrane protein that is 71 kDa in size, which is digested by furin like proteinase in order to release a 31 kDa and 40 kDa fragment. This protein is invloved in mesothelioma and can be detected in mesothelial cells. It is expressed as a 71 kDa GPI anchor-type membrane protein which is often digested to release 31 kDa and 40 kDa fragments. The following procedure is ideal for measuring many types of diagnostic applications. This assay is intended to detect the 31 kDa fragment size which is referred to as N-ERC and mesothelin.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of N-ERC and mesothelin using current rat N-ERC/Mesothelin ELISA kit is 10.0 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.08 – 5.0 pg/ml.
- Rat N-ERC/mesothelin as a marker for in vivo screening of drugs against pancreas cancer. PLoS One. (2014) 9 (10): e111481. Fukamachi K., et al.
- Diagnostic tumor marker of asbestos-related mesothelioma. Environ Health Prev Med. (2008) 13 (2): 71-4. Hino O. and Maeda M.
- Serum level of expressed in renal carcinoma (ERC)/ mesothelin in rats with mesothelial proliferative lesions induced by multi-wall carbon nanotube (MWCNT). J Toxicol Sci. (2010) 35 (2): 265-70. Sakamoto Y., et al.
- Molecular tumor markers for asbestos-related mesothelioma: serum diagnostic markers. Pathol Int. (2006) 56 (11): 649-54. Review. Maeda M. and Hino O.
- Full Name: N-ERC/Mesothelin ELISA Kit (Rat)
- Reactivity: Rat
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Ascites, Cell Culture Supernatant
- Sensitivity: 10.0 pg/ml