- Created on the 27 April, 2017.
Human N-cadherin ELISA kit can be used for detecting in vitro quantitative levels N-cadherin (CDH2 or neural cadherin) in human cell culture supernatant, plasma, cell lysates, serum and many other biological fluids. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.054 ng/ml.
N-Cadherin that is also commonly called neural cadherin (NCAD) or cadherin-2 (CDH2) is a transmembrane protein that is found to be expressed in many tissues and essentially functions in order to mediate various cell-cell adhesion processes. It is a protein which is composed of 906 amino acids with a molecular weight of 99.7kDa, it contains five extracellular cadherin repeats, a highly conserved cytoplasmic tail and a transmembrane region.
Neural cadherin was first identified in neural tissues and was later found in cardiac muscles cells and cancer metastasis. In cardiac muscles it is known to form an integral part of the adherens junctions that reside at the intercalated discs (these function to electrically or mechanically couple adjacent cardiomyocytes). In neural cells, it is important in mediating presynaptic to postsynaptic adhesions. It also has the ability to interact with catenins and this plays a vital during the process of learning and memory. CDH2 is often also found in cancer cells where it can provide a mechanism for transendotheial migration. Even though mutations in CDH2 have so far not been linked to any human disease, alterations in the integrity and expression of N-cadherin protein have been discovered in many diseases (for example human dilated cardiomyopathy). The following N-cadherin ELISA kit is designed to be used for various diagnostic applications.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of neural cadherin or CDH2 using current human N-cadherin ELISA kit was 0.054 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.156 – 10 ng/ml.
- N-Cadherin and Fibroblast Growth Factor Receptors crosstalk in the control of developmental and cancer cell migrations. Eur J Cell Biol. (2016) 95 (11): 415-426. Review. Nguyen T. and Mège R.M.
- Molecular interactions in adherens-type contacts. J Cell Sci Suppl. (1987) 8: 251-72. Review. Geiger B., et al.
- Cadherin-mediated cell-cell adhesion and signaling in the skeleton. Calcif Tissue Int. (2014) 94 (1): 46-54. Review. Marie P.J., et al.
- Full Name: N-Cadherin (CDH2) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Cell Lysates, Cell Culture Supernatant, Plasma, Other Biological Fluids
- Sensitivity: 0.054 ng/ml