- Created on the 13 July, 2017.
Human Mycoplasma pneumoniae IgM ELISA kit can be used for analysing in-vitro quantitative levels of human IgM antibodies to Mycoplasma pneumoniae using samples of plasma or serum. This Mycoplasma pneumoniae-IgM ELISA kit has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.22 U/ml.
Mycoplasma pneumoniae belong to a class of Mollicutes and are able to form atypical bacterial pneumonia which is related to cold agglutinin disease. Mycoplasmas are essentially the smallest self-replicating organisms which contain no cell wall or periplasmic space, have limited metabolic activity and conatin a reduced genome. M. pneumoniae infections are commonly found to cause acute respiratory infections in either children or adults. The cells are typically composed of elongated shapes that are between 100-200 nm in width and 1000-2000 nm in length. Early diagnosis is difficult since there are only a limited number of unusual symptoms. As Mycoplasma pneumoniae progresses then imaging and many other laboratory tests can be used detect it. The following Mycoplasma pneumoniae IgM ELISA kit is intended for analysing various diagnostic applications.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgM antibodies to Mycoplasma pneumoniae using current human Mycoplasma pneumoniae IgM ELISA kit was 1.22 U/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 1.0 – 125.0 U/ml.
- Human monoclonal IgMs with anti-Mycoplasma pneumoniae antibody activity. Arch Inst Pasteur Tunis. (2003) 80 (1-4): 3-8. Ben Aissa-Fennira F., et al.
- Diagnosis of Mycoplasma pneumoniae infection by specific IgM antibodies using a new capture-enzyme-immunoassay. Eur J Epidemiol. (1993) 9 (1): 97-9. Samra Z. and Gadba R.
- High seroprevalence of Mycoplasma pneumoniae IgM in acute Q fever by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA). PLoS One. (2013) 8 (10): e77640. Lai C.H., et al.
- Asthmatic children have increased specific anti-Mycoplasma pneumoniae IgM but not IgG or IgE-values independent of history of respiratory tract infection. Pediatr Infect Dis J. (2013) 32 (6): 599-603. Smith-Norowitz T.A., et al.
- Immunoregulatory role for a public IgM idiotype in the induction of autoimmune diseases in Mycoplasma pneumoniae infection. Immunol Lett. (2011) 136 (2): 130-7. Ben Aissa-Fennira F., et al.
- Full Name: Mycoplasma Pneumoniae IgM ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.22 U/ml