- Created on the 13 July, 2017.
Mycoplasma pneumoniae belong to a class of Mollicutes and are able to form atypical bacterial pneumonia which is related to cold agglutinin disease. Mycoplasmas are essentially the smallest self-replicating organisms which contain no cell wall or periplasmic space, have limited metabolic activity and conatin a reduced genome. M. pneumoniae infections are commonly found to cause acute respiratory infections in either children or adults. The cells are typically composed of elongated shapes that are between 100-200 nm in width and 1000-2000 nm in length. Early diagnosis is difficult since there are only a limited number of unusual symptoms. As Mycoplasma pneumoniae progresses then imaging and many other laboratory tests can be used detect it.
Human Mycoplasma pneumoniae-IgM ELISA kit can be used for analysing in-vitro quantitative levels of human IgM antibodies to Mycoplasma pneumoniae using samples of plasma or serum. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.22 U/ml.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human Mycoplasma pneumoniae IgM using this human Mycoplasma pneumoniae-IgM ELISA kit was 1.22 U/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 1.0 – 125.0 U/ml.
- Human monoclonal IgMs with anti-Mycoplasma pneumoniaeantibody activity. Arch Inst Pasteur Tunis. (2003) 80 (1-4): 3-8. Ben Aissa-Fennira F., et al.
- Diagnosis of Mycoplasma pneumoniaeinfection by specific IgMantibodies using a new capture-enzyme-immunoassay. Eur J Epidemiol. (1993) 9 (1): 97-9. Samra Z. and Gadba R.
- High seroprevalence of Mycoplasma pneumoniaeIgMin acute Q fever by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA). PLoS One. (2013) 8 (10): e77640. Lai C.H., et al.
- Asthmatic children have increased specific anti-Mycoplasma pneumoniaeIgMbut not IgG or IgE-values independent of history of respiratory tract infection. Pediatr Infect Dis J. (2013) 32 (6): 599-603. Smith-Norowitz T.A., et al.
- Immunoregulatory role for a public IgM idiotype in the induction of autoimmune diseases in Mycoplasma pneumoniaeinfection. Immunol Lett. (2011) 136 (2): 130-7. Ben Aissa-Fennira F., et al.
- Full Name: Mycoplasma Pneumoniae IgM ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.22 U/ml