Human Mycoplasma pneumoniae IgG ELISA kit is a procedure for measuring in-vitro quantitative levels of human IgG antibodies against Mycoplasma pneumoniae (Mycoplasma-IgG) in plasma and serum. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.12 U/ml.
Mycoplasma pneumoniae are a class of mollicutes which are responsible for causing the human disease mycoplasma pneumonia. There are a form of atypical bacterial pneumonia which are known to be related to the cold agglutinin disease. The term mycoplasma is derived from the fungal-like growth of many mycoplasma species. Mycoplasmas are parasitic species that are void of periplasmic space and a cell wall, consist of a reduce genome, have limited metabolic activity and are the smallest self-replicating organisms. Mycoplasma pneumoniae cells are made up of an elongated shape which is approx. 1000-2000 nm in length and 100-200 nm in width. M. pneumoniae is frequently responsible for causing of acute respiratory infections in both adults and children. It can also cause tracheobronchitis, pharyngitis, otitis or other or community-acquired pneumonia, however, it may remain totally asymptomatic.
MYCOPLASMA PNEUMONIAE IGG ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Mycoplasma pneumoniae antigen coated microtiter strips.
- Positive Control (Calibrator D).
- Negative Control (Calibrator A).
- Cut-Off Standard (Calibrator B).
- Weak Positive Control (Calibrator C).
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- Sample Diluent.
- TMB Substrate.
- Washing Buffer (10x).
- Stop Solution.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgG antibodies to Mycoplasma pneumoniae using current human Mycoplasma-IgG ELISA kit was 1.12 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.0 – 100.0 U/ml.
- IgGresponse to Mycoplasma pneumoniaein patients with community-acquired pneumonia determined by ELISA. APMIS. (1988) 96 (7): 605-10. Hirschberg L., et al.
- The atypical pneumonias: clinical diagnosis and importance. Clin Microbiol Infect. (2006) 12 Suppl 3: 12-24. Review. Cunha B.A.
- Evaluation of four commercial IgG- and IgM-specific enzyme immunoassays for detecting Mycoplasma pneumoniae antibody: comparison with particle agglutination assay. J Korean Med Sci. (2007) 22 (5): 795-801. Yoo S.J., et al.
- IgG-mediated haemolysis masquerading as cold agglutinin-induced anaemia complicating severe infection with mycoplasma pneumoniae. Scand J Haematol. (1985) 35 (3): 264-9. Louie E.K., et al.
- Preparative electroelution of specific protein antigens from Mycoplasma pneumoniae: use in an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA). Ann Inst Pasteur Microbiol. (1988) 139 (5): 589-603. Papierok G., et al.
- Full Name: Mycoplasma Pneumoniae IgG ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.12 U/ml