- Created on the 7 September, 2017.
Mycobacterium tuberculosis (TB) is a gram negative bacteria which is non spore forming and contains a thick lipid rich cell wall. It is unlike other bacteria where it can take anything from 15-20 hours to divide whereas Escherichia coli takes 20 minutes. At present there are at least nine different species that have been identified and the target for the infection is mostly the lungs, other organs which can also be affected include: the brain, intestinal tract and kidneys. This ELISA assay is designed for measuring IgM antibodies using a cocktail of highly pure proteins which can allow the analysis of an immune response against the bacteria. Specific antigens are prepared either by purification of natural or by recombinant methods.
Human mycobacterium tuberculosis-IgM ELISA kit is an in-vitro quantitative procedure for detecting human IgM antibodies against mycobacterium tuberculosis in plasma or serum samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.22 U/ml.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human mycobacterium tuberculosis IgM using this human mycobacterium tuberculosis-IgM ELISA kit was 1.22 U/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 1.0 – 100.0 U/ml.
- Immunochromatographic IgG/IgM test for rapid diagnosis of active tuberculosis. Clin Vaccine Immunol. (2011) 18 (12): 2090-4. Ben-Selma W., et al.
- Differential expression of immunogenic proteins on virulent Mycobacterium tuberculosis clinical isolates. Biomed Res Int. (2014) 2014: 741309. Schierloh P., et al.
- Detection of IgM antibodies in pulmonary tuberculosis by ELISA using A60 antigen. J Commun Dis. (1996) 28 (3): 176-80. Mahajan M., et al.
- Circulating immune complexes in pulmonary tuberculosis. J Clin Lab Immunol. (1985) 18 (2): 91-5. Ashtekar M.D. and Samuel A.M.
- Detection of serum antibodies in tuberculosis patients. Cent Eur J Public Health. (1994) 2 (1): 60-1. Jarosíková T, et al.
- Full Name: Mycobacterium Tuberculosis IgM ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.22 U/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
- Mycobacterium Tuberculosis IgG ELISA Kit
- Mycoplasma Pneumoniae IgM ELISA Kit
- Mycoplasma Pneumoniae IgG ELISA Kit