- Created on the 7 September, 2017.
Mycobacterium tuberculosis (TB) is an obligate pathogenic bacterial species, which is a non-spore forming, gram negative bacterium containing a lipid rich thick cell wall. It is part of a complex that consists of at least 9 other species: M. africanum, M. bovis, M. microti, M. orygis, M. mungi, M. pinnipedii, M. canetti, M. caprae and M. tuberculosis sensu strictu. M. tuberculosis is able to divide every 15-20 hours, this is considered to be extremely slow in comparison to other bacteria (for example Escherichia coli divides every 20 minutes). The target for the infection is mainly the lungs, however, other organs such as the brain, kidneys, intestinal tract, lymph nodes and bones can also be afflicted. Any usual diagnostic procedures have proved to be unsatisfactory and are unable to distinguish between the different mycobacterial species. Also, until recently, there serological methods which made it possible to detect tuberculosis antibodies in serum. This ELISA test kit can be used to measure IgG antibodies using a cocktail of highly pure proteins in order to analyse the immune response against the bacteria.
Human mycobacterium tuberculosis-IgG ELISA kit is intended for detecting in-vitro quantitative levels of human IgG antibodies against mycobacterium tuberculosis using serum and plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.09 U/ml.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human mycobacterium tuberculosis IgG using this human mycobacterium tuberculosis-IgG ELISA kit was 1.09 U/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 1.0 – 150.0 U/ml.
- Antituberculosis IgG antibodies as a marker of active Mycobacterium tuberculosis disease. Clin Vaccine Immunol. (2012) 19 (4): 522-6. Welch R.J., et al.
- High levels of anti-tuberculin (IgG) antibodies correlate with the blocking of T-cell proliferation in individuals with high exposure to Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Int J Infect Dis. (2016) 43: 21-4. Feris E.J., et al.
- Macrophages are needed in the progression of tuberculosis into lung cancer. Tumour Biol. (2015) 36 (8): 6063-6. Li J., et al.
- Dynamic IgG antibody response to immunodominant antigens of M. tuberculosis for active TB diagnosis in high endemic settings. Clin Chim Acta. (2016) 461: 25-33. Pathakumari B., et al.
- Full Name: Mycobacterium Tuberculosis IgG ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.09 U/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
- Mycobacterium Tuberculosis IgM ELISA Kit
- Mycoplasma Pneumoniae IgG ELISA Kit
- Mycoplasma Pneumoniae IgM ELISA Kit