- Created on the 6 September, 2017.
Mumps is a contagious infection that is caused by a virus type which is known as paramyxovirus. It can be passed from one individual to another through nasal secretion, saliva and even close personal contacts. One of the primary signs of mumps is the presence of swollen salivary glands which often causes the cheeks to puff out. In total there are three sets of salivary glands on each side of the face, which are found to be located below and behind the ears. Mumps infection has now become less frequent since the introduction of the measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccine within the UK and many other developed countries. It can however, be found in children that have not yet received the vaccine. Recently, procedures such immunofluorescence, enzyme immunoassay and radio immunoassay have become more popular in detecting mumps in the laboratory.
Human mumps-IgM ELISA kit is intended for analysing in-vitro quantitative concentrations of human IgM antibodies to mumps virus using either plasma or serum. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.23 U/ml.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human mumps virus IgM using this human mumps-IgM ELISA kit was 1.23 U/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 1.0 – 125.0 U/ml.
- Comparison of automated chemiluminescence immunoassays with capture enzyme immunoassays for the detection of measles and mumps IgM antibodies in serum. J Virol Methods. (2014) 196: 15-7. Haywood B., et al.
- Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for mumps IgM antibody: comparison of IgM capture and indirect IgM assay. J Virol Methods. (1985) 12 (3-4): 303-11. Sakata H., et al.
- Comparison of chemiluminescent immunoassay and ELISA for measles IgG and IgM. APMIS. (2015) 123 (8): 648-51. de Ory F., et al.
- Incidence and persistence of mumps-specific IgM and IgA in the sera of mumps patients. Scand J Infect Dis. (1974) 6 (2): 125-9. Bjorvatn B.
- Comparison of mumps-IgM ELISAs in acute infection. J Clin Virol. (2007) 38 (2): 153-6. Krause C.H., et al.
- Full Name: Mumps IgM ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: 1.23 U/ml