Rat MCP-1 ELISA kit is intended for detecting qualitative concentrations of rat monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 (MCP1, MCP-1) using urine, serum and cell media supernatant. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 40.0 pg/ml.
Monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 (MCP-1) is also sometimes referred to as small inducible cytokine A2 or chemokine (C-C motif) ligand 2 (CCL2). It is a monomeric peptide (approx. 13kDa) and has a primary role of recruiting monocytes, dendritic and memory T cells to the sites of inflammation. PDGF has been found to be a major inducer of the CCL2 gene and it has been implicated in the pathogeneses of a number of diseases which are characteristic of monocytic infiltration, examples include: rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis and atherosclerosis.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of rat monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 (MCP1) using current rat MCP-1 ELISA kit is 40.0 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 50.0 – 3,200.0 pg/ml.
- MCP-1 expression is specifically regulated during activation of skeletal repair and remodeling. Calcif Tissue Int. (2013) 92 (6): 566-75. Wu A.C., et al.
- High glucose stimulates TNFα and MCP-1 expression in rat microglia via ROS and NF-κB pathways. Acta Pharmacol Sin. (2011) 32 (2): 188-93. Quan Y., et al.
- Highly regionalized neuronal expression of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1/CCL2) in rat brain: evidence for its colocalization with neurotransmitters and neuropeptides. J Comp Neurol. (2005) 489 (3): 275-92. Banisadr G., et al.
- CCL2/MCP-1 modulation of microglial activation and proliferation. J Neuroinflammation. (2011) 8: 77. Hinojosa A.E., et al.
- Chemokines MCP-1 and RANTES in isolated rat pancreatic acinar cells treated with CCK and ethanol in vitro. Pancreas. (2000) 21 (1): 22-31. Yang B.M., et al.
- Full Name: MCP-1 ELISA Kit (Rat)
- Reactivity: Rat
- Sample Type: Serum, Cell Culture Supernatant, Urine
- Sensitivity: 40.0 pg/ml