- Created on the 5 May, 2017.
Human MMP-7 ELISA kit is a method designed for detecting in vitro quantitative amounts of matrix metalloproteinase-7 (MMP7, matrilysin, pump-1 protease, uterine metalloproteinase) in human serum, cell culture supernatant, cell lysates, other biological fluids and plasma. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.026 ng/mL.
Matrix metalloproteinase-7 (MMP7, matrilysin, uterine metalloproteinase or pump-1 protease), consists of structural-related zinc-dependent endopeptidases. It is a protein which is bound by 4 metal ions (including catalytic zinc ion), 2 calcium ions and a structural zinc ion. The main function of MMP-7 is to break-down extracellular matrix using macromolecules such as casein, proteoglycan, fibronectin and gelatins. The protein itself is usually secreted as zymogen and the prodoamin contains approx. 9 kD of highly conserved cysteine switch that is located near the C-terminal containing cysteine residues.
MMP-7 is identified to be potentially associated with tumor metastasis and a number inflammatory processes. It has be found to be upregulated in many malignant tumors such as stomach, liver, esophagus, pancreas, renal and colon cell carcinomas. MMP7 has the ability to cleave cell surface proteins and to promote the adhesion of cancer cells and therefore increase the likely hood of tumor metastasis. The following MMP-7 ELISA kit can be used for many diagnostic applications.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of matrix metalloproteinase-7 (MMP7, uterine metalloproteinase, matrilysin, pump-1 protease) using current human MMP-7 ELISA kit was 0.026 ng/mL. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.05 – 15 ng/mL.
- Matrilysin (matrix metalloproteinase-7): a new promising drug target in cancer and inflammation? Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. (2004) 15 (2-3): 111-5. Review. Wielockx B., et al.
- MT1-MMP and MMP-7 in invasion and metastasis of human cancers. Cancer Metastasis Rev. (2003) 22 (2-3): 145-52. Review. Shiomi T. and Okada Y.
- Biomarkers in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. Curr Opin Pulm Med. (2012) 18 (5): 441-6. Review. Zhang Y. and Kaminski N.
- Matrilysin as a target for chemotherapy for colon cancer: use of antisense oligonucleotides as antimetastatic agents. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. (1999) 43 Suppl: S52-5. Review. Miyazaki K., et al.
- Full Name: Matrix Metalloproteinase-7 (MMP-7) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Other Biological Fluids, Plasma, Cell Lysates, Cell Culture Supernatant, Serum
- Sensitivity: 0.026 ng/mL