- Created on the 5 May, 2017.
Human MMP-2 ELISA kit is a protocol for measuring in vitro quantitative concentrations of matrix metalloproteinase-2 (MMP-2, MMP2, type IV collagenase or gelatinase A) in human cell culture supernatant, plasma, cell lysates, serum and many other biological fluids. This MMP-2 ELISA kit has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.243 ng/mL.
Matrix metalloproteinase-2 (MMP-2) is also called gelatinase A or type IV collagenase (72 kDa) and is located at position 12.2 on chromosome 16. It plays a major function in arteriogenesis and angiogenesis, both of these processes are essential in restoring tissue perfusion after ischemia. There are evidence to indicate that the expression of MMP-2 is elevated in tissue ischemia, however the mechanism which is responsible is still not well understood. A proteolytic process is required in order to activate MMP2, cell-cell clustering of integrin chains can also promote activation.
MMP2 can interact with Thrombospondin 1, TIMP2, TIMP4, CCL7 and THBS2. It is known to play crucial roles in the formation of newly formed blood vessels in tumors (angiogenesis) and this is essential for tumor progression since it provides a supply of nutrients and oxygen. Finally, MMPs can be discovered to proteolytically activate TGF-beta, this is important in promoting epithelial mesenchymal transition, a process which is vital during cancer metastasis. MMP-2 ELISA kit is intended for many types of diagnostic applications.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of matrix metalloproteinase-2 (MMP2, MMP-2, gelatinase A and type IV collagenase) using current human MMP-2 ELISA kit was 0.243 ng/mL. The dynamic range for ELISA assay is 0.625 – 40 ng/mL.
- Targeting MMP-2 to treat ischemic heart injury. Basic Res Cardiol. (2014) 109 (4): 424. Review. Hughes B.G. and Schulz R.
- The response of matrix metalloproteinase-9 and -2 to exercise. Sports Med. (2015) 45 (2): 269-78. Nascimento Dda C., et al.
- Matrix metalloproteinases in exercise and obesity. Vasc Health Risk Manag. (2016) 12: 287-95. Review. Jaoude J. and Koh Y.
- Myocardial matrix metalloproteinase-2: inside out and upside down. J Mol Cell Cardiol. (2014) 77: 64-72. Review. DeCoux A., et al.
- Full Name: Matrix Metalloproteinase-2 (MMP-2) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Cell Culture Supernatant, Cell Lysates, Other Biological Fluids, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 0.243 ng/mL