Human MMP-14 ELISA kit can be used for measuring in vitro quantitative amounts of matrix metalloproteinase-14 (MMP14, MMP-14) in human serum, cell culture supernatant, plasma, other biological fluids and cell lysates. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.052 ng/ml.
Matrix metalloproteinase-14 is a member of the membrane-type MMP subfamily, containing a potential transmembrane domain which indicate the expression of this protein at the cell surface rather than being secreted. The following MMP-14 ELISA kit is designed for analysing many different diagnostic applications. Matrix metalloproteinase-14 is found to be expressed in a wide range of human tissues such as kidney, intestine, spleen, placenta, ovary and prostate. There has also be indication that elevated levels have been observed in area where there is wound healing occurring. MMP-14 is vitally important in the processes of enhanced cell migration and remodelling of extracellular matrix. It also can indirectly affect the cleavage process of growth factors and cytokines by directly activating pro-MMP13 and pro-MMP2. However, the function of MMP14 is abolished by proteolytic degradation or by TIMPs (TIMP-2,-3 and -4 which can specifically inhibit the function of MMP-14). The diseases which have been associated with this protein include Nodulosis, Multicentric Osteolysis, Arthropathy and Arthropathy. This MMP-14 ELISA kit offers a sensitivity level of 0.052 ng/ml and it can be used to measure human samples of cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma, cell lysates and other biological fluids.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of matrix metalloproteinase-14 (MMP-14, MMP14) using current human MMP-14 ELISA kit was 0.052 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.1 – 30 ng/ml.
- Evaluation of some newer matrix metalloproteinases. Ann N Y Acad Sci. (1999) 878: 25-39. Review. Murphy G., et al.
- MMP-14 in skeletal muscle repair. J Muscle Res Cell Motil. (2015) 36 (3): 215-25. Review. Snyman C. and Niesler C.U.
- Mechanism-based profiling of MMPs. Methods Mol Biol. (2010) 622: 471-87. Review. Fisher J.F. and Mobashery S.
- Matrix metalloproteinase 14 modulates signal transduction and angiogenesis in the cornea. Surv Ophthalmol. (2016) 61 (4): 478-97. Review. Chang J.H., et al.
- Full Name: Matrix Metalloproteinase-14 (MMP-14) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Other Biological Fluids, Plasma, Cell Lysates, Serum, Cell Culture Supernatant
- Sensitivity: 0.052 ng/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS