- Created on the 6 May, 2017.
Human MMP-13 ELISA kit is a procedure for determining in vitro quantitative concentrations of matrix metalloproteinase-13 (MMP13, collagenase 3) in human cell lysates, plasma, cell culture supernatant, other biological fluids and serum. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.04 ng/ml.
Matrix metalloproteinase-13 which is more commonly referred to as collagenase 3, it is similar to the other MMPs and is secreted in an inactive pro-form which is activated upon being cleaved. The active enzyme consists of a catalytic domain and a hemopexin-like domain. Both the catalytic and hemopexin-like domain are require in order to preform efficient degradation of collagen. The MMP-13 is mainly expressed in the skeleton that is required for bone mineralization during embryonic development, however, it can also be highly over expressed in many pathological situations which can lead to human rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and carcinomas.
MMP13 expression in osteoarthritic cartilage along with its action against type II collagen, has led to the assumptions that this enzyme could plays a major role in cartilage collagen degradation. This makes it a complex target for a number of therapeutic interventions that are based on collagenase inhibition techniques. There is also evidence to indicate that it may also be responsible for articular cartilage turnover and cartilage pathophysiology which is linked to osteoarthritis. The following MMP-13 ELISA kit is designed to be used for many diagnostic applications.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of matrix metalloproteinase-13 (MMP13 and collagenase 3) using current human MMP-13 ELISA kit was 0.04 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.1 – 30 ng/ml.
- Impact of matrix metalloproteinases on atherosclerosis. Curr Drug Targets. (2014) 15 (4): 442-53. Review. Lin J., et al.
- The structure, regulation, and function of human matrix metalloproteinase-13. Crit Rev Biochem Mol Biol. (2002) 37 (3): 149-66. Review. Leeman M.F., et al.
- New hope for the treatment of osteoarthritis through selective inhibition of MMP-13. Curr Med Chem. (2011) 18 (7): 977-1001. Review. Li N.G., et al.
- New strategies for targeting matrix metalloproteinases. Matrix Biol. (2015) 44-46: 239-46. Review. Fields G.B.
- Ten years in the life of an enzyme: the story of the human MMP-13 (collagenase-3). Mod Rheumatol. (2004) 14 (3): 197-204. Tardif G., et al.
- Full Name: Matrix Metalloproteinase-13 (MMP-13) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Other Biological Fluids, Serum, Cell Culture Supernatant, Plasma, Cell Lysates
- Sensitivity: 0.04 ng/ml