- Created on the 6 May, 2017.
Human MMP-12 ELISA kit is intended for analysing in vitro quantitative levels of matrix metalloproteinase-12 (MMP12, macrophage elastase) in human plasma, cell culture supernatant, other biological fluids, cell lysates and serum. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.09 ng/ml.
Matrix metalloproteinase-12 (also known as MMP-12, macrophage elastase, macrophage metalloelastase or MMP12) is encoded by a pre-proprotein which needs to be proteolytically processed in order to generate the mature protease. The active enzyme is composed of two domains, one which is the catalytic domain (enzymatic activity) and the other the hemopexin-like domain (substrate recognition).
MMP-12 is initially a proenzyme (54 kDa) that is processed into a 45 kDa and then later into a 22 kDa which represents the active form. MMP12 is predominately formed by macrophages, it has also been linked to atherosclerosis, inflammatory skin diseases, aneurysms and a number of other cancers. There is evidence to suggest that it may be critical mediator of acute and chronic lung injury. MMP-12 has been found to play important roles during aneurysm formation (mouse models only) and this has led to the belief that it could have a role during emphysema development (humans). The following MMP-12 ELISA kit can be used in analysing many diagnostic applications.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of matrix metalloproteinase-12 (MMP12 or macrophage elastase) using current human MMP-12 ELISA kit was 0.09 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.2 – 60 ng/ml.
- Complex role of matrix metalloproteinases in angiogenesis. Cell Res. (1998) 8 (3): 171-7. Review. Sang Q.X.
- Macrophage elastase (MMP-12): a pro-inflammatory mediator? Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz. (2005) 100 Suppl 1: 167-72. Review. Nénan S., et al.
- Regulation of matrix metalloproteinases: an overview. Mol Cell Biochem. (2003) 253 (1-2): 269-85. Review. Chakraborti S., et al.
- New insights into the substrate specificity of macrophage elastase MMP-12. Biol Chem. (2016) 397 (5): 469-84. Lamort A.S., et al.
- Full Name: Matrix Metalloproteinase-12 (MMP-12) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Cell Culture Supernatant, Other Biological Fluids, Plasma, Cell Lysates, Serum
- Sensitivity: 0.09 ng/ml