- Created on the 6 May, 2017.
Matrix metalloproteinase-11 (stromelysin-3, MMP11, SL-3) is secreted by mesenchymal origin cells. The human form consists of 31 amino acids signal sequence, hemopexin-like domains, a pro-peptide that is cleaved at a furin consensus sequence and a 390 a.a. mature sequence. The mature human MMP11 protein is 45 kDa and it displays 89% amino acids sequence identity with mouse.
The diseases which have been associated with MMP-11 include colorectal cancer and basal cell carcinoma. It has been found to be upregulated in stromal cells that are located near invasive carcinomas, it is able to cleave IGFBP which can allow the free IGF-1 to promote tumor cell growth.
Human MMP-11 ELISA kit can be used for detecting in vitro quantitative amounts of matrix metalloproteinase-11 (stromelysin-3, MMP11) in human cell culture supernatant, serum, cell lysates, plasma and other biological fluids. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.05 ng/mL.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human MMP-11 (stromelysin-3) using this human matrix metalloproteinase-11 ELISA kit was 0.05 ng/mL. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 0.1 – 30 ng/mL.
- Matrix metalloproteinase 11 (MMP-11; stromelysin-3) and synthetic inhibitors. Med Res Rev. (2007) 27 (4): 528-52. Review. Matziari M., et al.
- Role of Matrix Metalloproteinases in Photoaging and Photocarcinogenesis. Int J Mol Sci. (2016) 17 (6). pii: E868. Review. Pittayapruek P., et al.
- Insights into the distinct roles of MMP-11 in tumor biology and future therapeutics (Review). Int J Oncol. (2016) 48 (5): 1783-93. Review. Zhang X., et al.
- Cancer cells, adipocytes and matrix metalloproteinase 11: a vicious tumor progression cycle. Biol Chem. (2008) 389 (8): 1037-41. Review. Motrescu E.R. and Rio M.C.
- Full Name: Matrix Metalloproteinase-11 (MMP-11) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Cell Culture Supernatant, Cell Lysates, Other Biological Fluids, Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: 0.05 ng/mL