- Created on the 6 May, 2017.
Matrix metalloproteinase-10 (stromelysin-2, MMP10 or transin-2) is found to degrade a wide rand of substances such as collagen (III, IV, V), elastin, aggrecan, gelatin, laminin, cartilage proteoglycan and fibronectin. MMP-10 is expressed in T cells, keratinocytes, menstrual endometrium and some tumor samples. It has also been associated with cancer stem cell metastasis and vitality. Recent evidence indicates that MMP-10 is a secreted metalloproteinases that has major roles in skeletal development, vascular remodelling and wound healing, however, its overexpression has been implicated in tumor progression and lung tumorigenesis.
The gene is located on chromosome 11q22.3 where it is part of a cluster of MMP genes. The MMP-10 protein can separated into four distinct domains: a catalytic domain with a zinc binding site, short linker region, carboxyl terminal hemopexin-like domain and a pro-domain which is cleaved upon activation.
Human MMP-10 ELISA kit is a method intended for analysing in vitro quantitative levels of matrix metalloproteinase-10 (transin-2, stromelysin-2, MMP10) in human plasma, cell lysates, serum, other biological fluids and cell culture supernatant. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 25.0 pg/mL.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human MMP-10 (stromelysin-2, transin-2) using this human matrix metalloproteinase-10 ELISA kit was 25.0 pg/mL. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 78.125 – 5,000 pg/mL.
- Interplay of extracellular matrix and leukocytes in lung inflammation. Cell Immunol. (2017) 312: 1-14. Review. Wight T.N., et al.
- Matrix metalloproteinases as therapeutic targets for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. (2015) 53 (5): 585-600. Review. Craig V.J., et al.
- Metalloproteinases and atherothrombosis: MMP-10 mediates vascular remodeling promoted by inflammatory stimuli. Front Biosci. (2008) 13: 2916-21. Review. Rodriguez JA, et al.
- Extracellular matrix mediates a molecular balance between vascular morphogenesis and regression. Curr Opin Hematol. (2008) 15 (3): 197-203. Review. Davis G.E. and Senger D.R.
- Full Name: Matrix Metalloproteinase-10 (MMP-10) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Cell Lysates, Serum, Other Biological Fluids, Cell Culture Supernatant, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 25.0 pg/mL