- Created on the 18 March, 2017.
MIP-1 alpha ELISA kit is intended for detecting in vitro quantitative concentrations of macrophage inflammatory protein-1 alpha (MIP-1 alpha)(CCL3, LD78) in human serum, plasma (EDTA, citrate, heparin) and cell culture supernatant samples. This assay has a minimum detection limit of < 10.0 pg/ml.
Macrophage inflammatory protein-1 alpha (MIP-1alpha) which can also be known as LD78 and CCL3, has a total molecular mass of 7,889 Da and the mature peptide consists of 69 amino acids. CCL3 is a cytokine which is part of the CC chemokine family and has vital roles in the acute inflammatory state in the recruitment and activation of polymorphonuclear leukocytes through binding the following specific receptors CCR1, CCR4 and CCR5. CCL3 has been also identified to shown to interact with CCL4, where it can attract macrophages, monocytes or neutrophils.
MIP-1 alpha is a chemokine that is important for stem cell inhibitory and pro-inflammatory in vitro, there is also evidence that it can be involved in wound healing, tumorigenesis and inflammatory responses. In vivo it constitutes a vital second signal for mast cell degranulation in the conjunctiva and therefore consequently for many acute-phase diseases. The standard used in the following MIP-1 alpha ELISA kit is recombinant human MIP-1alpha that is consisting of 66 amino acids, having a molecular mass of 7.5kDa.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of MIP-1alpha (LD78, CCL3) using current human MIP-1 alpha ELISA kit was 10.0 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 31.2 – 2,000 pg/ml.
- MIP-1 alpha and myeloma bone disease. Cancer Treat Res. (2004) 118: 83-100. Review. Roodman G.D. and Choi S.J.
- Macrophage inflammatory protein: its characteristics, biological properties and role in the regulation of haemopoiesis. Int J Hematol. (1993) 57 (3): 197-206. Review. Lord B.I., et al.
- CCR1 as a target for multiple myeloma. Expert Opin Ther Targets. (2011) 15 (9): 1037-47. Review. Vallet S. and Anderson K.C.
- The role of MIP-1 alpha in inflammation and hematopoiesis. J Leukoc Biol. (1996) 59 (1): 61-6. Review. Cook D.N.
- Full Name: Macrophage Inflammatory Protein-1 Alpha (MIP-1 Alpha) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum, Cell Culture Supernatant
- Sensitivity: < 10.0 pg/ml