Macadamia nut ELISA kit can be used for analysing quantitative levels of macadamia nuts and their residues present in foods (for example cookies, chocolate, cereals, sausage and ice cream). This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 0.1 ppm.
Macadamia nuts are members of the Proteaceae family of plants and has a natural whole food specifically contain vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that are able provide significant health-boosting potential. Various studies have found that the fatty acid profile of macadamia nuts can beneficially affect lipoproteins and serum lipids which can lead to lowering of cardiovascular diseases. Another reason why it can be beneficial is the fact that it contains amino acid l-arginine and this offers many vascular benefits to coronary heart disease patients.
Some of the protein fractions in macadamia nut are known for being allergenic, these nut allergies are relatively seldom even though they can be very distinct in specific cases. There is evidence to indicate that very low amounts of macadamia nuts can lead to an allergic reactions where severe cases can result in anaphylactic shock.
MACADAMIA NUT ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiter Plate: Coated with anti macadamia antibodies.
- Macadamia nut Standards 1-5: Concentration 0, 1, 4, 10, 40 ppm.
- Conjugate (Anti Macadamia Nut Peroxidase).
- Substrate Solution (TMB).
- Stop Solution (1 N acidic solution).
- Extraction and sample dilution buffer (TRIS)(10x).
- Washing Solution (PBS + Tween 20)(10x Concentrate).
- Instruction Manual.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of residues of macadamia nut using current macadamia nut ELISA kit was 0.1 ppm. The standard range for this assay is 1.0 – 40.0 ppm.
– Macadamia Nut: ELISA
– Sensitivity: Limit of detection, LOD (0.1ppm), Limit of quantification, LOQ (1.0ppm)
– Intra-Assay Precision: 2 – 5%
– Inter-Assay Precision: 3 – 6%
– Linearity: 101 – 108%
– Cross Reactivity: Walnut (0.0010%), Hazelnut (0.0002%). No cross reaction was detected for the following: Almond, Corn, Peach, Apricot, Cow’ milk, Peanut, Barley, Crab (cooked) Pecan, Bean (white), Crab, rob, Pine seed, Beef, Cress, Pistachio, Bovine gelatine, Egg, Plum, Brazil nut, Egg white powder, Poppy seed, Buckwheat, Ewe’s milk, Pork, Carob gum, Fish gelatine, Potato, Carrot, Gliadin, Pumpkin seed, Cashew, Goat’s milk, Rice, Celery, Guar gum, Rye, Cherry, Isinglass, Saccharose, Chervil, Kiwi, Sesame, Chestnut, Lamb, Soy, Chicken, Lentil, Soy lecithin, Chickpea, Lupin, Sunfl. Seeds, Cocoa, Mustard, Tofu, Coconut, Oats, Tomato, Cod, Pea, Wheat.
– Recovery: Cookies (106%), Cornflakes (104%), Sausage (101%), Ice-cream (92%), Chocolate (83%).
- Allergy to macadamia nut. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. (2000) 85 (5): 385-6. Pallares D.E.
- Macadamia nut consumption modulates favourably risk factors for coronary artery disease in hypercholesterolemic subjects. Lipids. (2007) 42 (6): 583-7. Garg M.L., et al.
- Serum lipid effects of a high-monounsaturated fat diet based on macadamia nuts. Arch Intern Med. (2000) 160 (8): 1154-8. Curb J.D., et al.
- Macadamia nut allergy: 2 case reports and a review of the literature. Acta Clin Belg. (2010) 65 (2): 129-32. Review. De Knop K.J., et al.
- A macadamia nut-rich diet reduces total and LDL-cholesterol in mildly hypercholesterolemic men and women. J Nutr. (2008) 138 (4): 761-7. Griel A.E., et al.
- Full Name: Macadamia Nut ELISA Kit
- Sample Type: Food (Sausage, Cereals, Cookies, Ice Cream, Chocolate)
- Sensitivity: 0.1 ppm