Bovine Leptospira hardjo ELISA kit is designed for the detection of antibodies against vital polysaccharide epitope of Leptospira hardjo using samples of bovine serum and milk. This assay has a quantitative and qualitative standard range.
Cattle are regarded as the predominant host reservoir for hardjo and there are two main types of pathogens of Leptospira hardjo for cattle, either interrogens serovar or pomona. The main source of infection arises from direct contact with contaminated urine or through products of abortion. Pomona is found to be more resistant to environmental conditions and also can be less host specific. In general, pomona is found to enter a herd through contaminated water or through infected cattle, whereas hardjo only enter as a result of infected cattle being introduced. ELISA assay take advantage of using monoclonal antibodies that have been standardised in order to effectively catch and detect the specific antigen. Furthermore, the specificity of the monoclonal antibodies which have been utilised in this ELISA kit have been specifically determined by the use of modified microscopic agglutination test (MAT). The following procedure is designed to undertake a rapid screening test in order to specifically detecting Leptospira hardjo antibodies which may be present in either milk or serum samples of infected cattle.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of antibodies against Leptospira hardjo polysaccharide epitope using current bovine Leptospira hardjo ELISA kit is qualitative and quantitative. Please contact us for the protocol insert for more details.
- Evaluation of an ELISA for the diagnosis of experimentally induced and naturally occurring Leptospira hardjo infections in cattle. Vet Microbiol. (1990) 21 (3): 255-62. Bercovich Z., et al.
- A review of laboratory techniques and their use in the diagnosis of Leptospira interrogans serovar hardjo infection in cattle. Aust Vet J. (1994) 71 (9): 290-4. Review. Smith C.R., et al.
- Development of an ELISA to detect antibodies to a protective lipopolysaccharide fraction of Leptospira borgpetersenii serovar hardjo in cattle. Vet Microbiol. (1999) 69 (3): 173-87. Yan K.T., et al.
- Leptospira hardjo serodiagnosis: a comparison of MAT, ELISA and Immunocomb. Vet Rec. (1997) 141 (23): 603-4. Woodward M.J., et al.
- Competitive enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for detection of Leptospira interrogans serovar pomona antibodies in bovine sera. Clin Diagn Lab Immunol. (2001) 8 (1): 40-3. Surujballi O. and Mallory M.
- Full Name: Leptospira hardjo Ab ELISA Kit (Bovine)
- Reactivity: Bovine
- Sample Type: Serum, Milk
- Sensitivity: Qualitative, Quantitative