Human leptin receptor ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring LEPR (leptin receptor, LEP-R) in human serum, plasma, cell culture supernatant, tissue lysates and body fluids. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of < 8.0 pg/ml.
Leptin receptor (also called LEPR, LEP-R, obese receptor and OB-R) is a single membrane-spanning receptor which belongs to the class I cytokine receptor family which includes: G-CSF receptor, LIF receptor and IL-6 receptor (gp130). Human LEPR has a major role as a receptor that are specific for the fat cell hormone leptin, it is also designated as a cluster of differentiation 295 (CD295). It is primarily produced in adipose tissue and is able to bind leptin which is an approx. 16kDa double protein, this interaction of leptin with its receptor is intimately vital for regulating fat levels within the body. Another important role of leptin is to regulate blood pressure through the leptin receptor. The following human LEPR ELISA kit is designed to be used for many different clinical applications.
It is possible for the human LEPR to have multiple splice forms, however, only the longest splice form is found to have any significant cytosolic domain and this appears sufficient for cytosolic signalling. This splice form has been shown to be over expressed in the hypothalamus and leads to the activation of STAT3 and STAT5. Since, leptin is able to control food intake and energy balance via the leptin receptor in the hypothalamus, this could suggest that many obesity or obesity-related diseases could be the result of some polymorphisms of the leptin receptor gene (LEPR).
LEPTIN RECEPTOR ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Standards: Concentration 0-10,000.0 pg/ml, made from lyophilized recombinant human LEPR.
- Microplate (96 Wells): Precoated with anti human LEPR antigen.
- Sample Diluent Buffer.
- Biotinylated anti human LEPR.
- Antibody Diluent Buffer.
- Avidin biotin peroxidase complex (ABC).
- ABC Diluent Buffer.
- TMB Colour Developing Agent.
- Stop Solution.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of leptin receptor (LEPR, LEP-R) using current human LEPR ELISA kit was approximately < 8.0 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 156.0 – 10,000.0 pg/ml.
- Hypertension in obesity and the leptin receptor gene locus. J. Clin. Endocr. Metab. (2000) 85: 3126-3131. Rosmond, R., et al.
- A mutation in the human leptin receptor gene causes obesity and pituitary dysfunction. Nature (1998) 392: 398-401. Clement, K., et al.
- Identification and expression cloning of a leptin receptor, OB-R. Cell (1995) 83: 1263-1271. Tartaglia, L. A., et al.
- Polymorphisms in the leptin receptor (LEPR)–putative association with obesity and T2DM. J. Hum. Genet. (2006) 51: 85-91. Park, K. S., et al.
- Full Name: Leptin Receptor ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Body Fluids, Cell Supernatant, Tissue Lysates
- Sensitivity: < 8.0 pg/ml