Human leptin ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring leptin in human serum, plasma (EDTA, heparin) and cell culture supernatant. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of < 0.25 ng/ml.
Leptin which is the product of the obese (OB) gene is a single chain of 146 amino acids sequence that is 16kDa in size. It is a circulating hormone which can be found to be abundantly and more specifically expressed in the adipose tissues, playing a vital function in fat metabolism, body weight regulation and appetite control. Human leptin is known to target the central nervous system, in particular the hypothalamus where it can affect food intake. It has a dual action of either increasing energy consumption or decreasing the appetite for food, leading to a net effect of more fat being burnt. In humans, the levels of leptin that is present correlate with body mass index (BMI) and the percentage body fat, both of these found to be elevated in obese individuals.
In addition to its role in metabolic control, there is evidence that it can be important in neuroendocrine signalling, reproduction and is a powerful inhibitor of bone formation. There are many other factors which can regulate leptin action apart from the amount of body fat include: glucocorticoids, insulin, sex hormones and catecholamines.
LEPTIN ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiter Plate: Coated with mouse anti leptin antibody. Wells are separately breakable. (8×12) wells.
- Standards A-E: Lyophilized, recombinant human leptin, concentrations 1, 10, 25, 50, 100 ng/mL.
- Control 1 And Control 2: Lyophilised human serum.
- Antibody-HRP-Conjugate: Consisting of mouse anti-hLeptin antibody biotinylated and streptavidin horseradish peroxidase conjugate.
- Dilution Buffer.
- Washing Buffer (20x Concentrated).
- TMB Substrate.
- Stopping Solution: 0.2 M sulphuric acid.
- Sealing Tape: To cover microtiter plate.
- Instructions For Use.
- Quality Certificate
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of leptin using current human leptin ELISA kit was approximately < 0.25 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1 – 100 ng/ml.
– Leptin: ELISA
– Sensitivity: 1 ng/ml
– Intra-Assay Variance: 4.71 – 5.18%
– Inter-Assay Variance: 8.33 – 19.21%
– Linearity And Sample Dilution: 4.96 – 38.06%
– Recovery: 100 – 116% (5ug/L), 98 – 118% (10ug/L).
– Interference: None
– Species Cross Reactivity: No cross reaction with the following species: Mouse, Rat, Cat, Dog, Guinea Pig, Rabbit, Chicken, Sheep, Goat, Pig, Cow, Donkey, Horse.
- Serum Leptin level is a regulator of bone mass. Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. (2004) 101: 3258-3263. Elefteriou, F., et al.
- Nonadipose tissue production of Leptin: Leptin as a novel placenta-derived hormone in humans. Nature Med. (1997) 3: 1029-1033. Masuzaki, H., et al.
- Leptin. Lancet (1998) 351: 737-742. Auwerx, J. and Staels, B.
- The human obese (OB) gene: RNA expression pattern and mapping on the physical, cytogenetic, and genetic maps of chromosome 7. Genome Res. (1995) 5: 5-12. Green, E. D., et al.
- Human obese gene expression: adipocyte-specific expression and regional differences in the adipose tissue. Diabetes (1995) 44: 855-858. Masuzaki, H., et al.
- Full Name: Leptin ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma (Heparin, EDTA), Cell Supernatant
- Sensitivity: < 0.25 ng/ml