Rat/mouse leptin ELISA kit is a procedure for analysing quantitative amounts of mouse or rat total leptin (obese protein) in serum and plasma. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 10.0 pg/ml.
Leptin is released from adipose tissue from fat cells and they play an important role in the regulation of appetite, body weight and food intake. There are many publications which have also indicated that resistance to leptin or the absence of leptin can lead to uncontrolled feeding and subsequent weight gain. It has been concluded that there is a direct correlation between the amount of fat present and the level of leptin circulating in the blood, i.e. the greater the amount of fat the more higher the levels of leptin present. Leptin itself does not affect food intake from one meal to the next but can effectively alter food intake and also control long term energy expenditure.
RAT/MOUSE LEPTIN ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Pre-Coated Plate: Anti-mouse/rat leptin antibody.
- Standards (A-G)(Lyophilized): Recombinant mouse leptin, concentrations 25, 50, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600pg/ml.
- Control KS.
- Antibody Conjugate.
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- Dilution Buffer.
- Washing Buffer (20x Conc.).
- TMB Substrate Solution.
- Stopping Solution.
- Sealing Tape.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of mouse and rat total leptin using current rat/mouse leptin ELISA kit was approximately 10.0 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 25.0 – 1,600 pg/ml.
– Rat, Mouse Leptin: ELISA
– Absorbance values of the blank should be below 0.2, these of standard G (1600 pg/ml) should exeed 1.5.
– Determined and calculated concentration of Control KS should be within the range of the concentration given on vial label (±2SD).
– A higher-grade polynomial, or four parametric logistic (4-PL) curve fit or non-linear regression are usually suitable for the evaluation.
- Circulating leptin levels are modulated by fasting, cold exposure and insulin administration in lean but not Zucker (fa/fa) rats as measured by ELISA. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. (1996) 223 (3): 660-5. Hardie L.J., et al.
- Leptin does not induce hypertrophy, cell cycle alterations, or production of MCP-1 in cultured ratand mouse cardiomyocytes. Endocr Res. (2005) 31 (4): 375-86. Piñieiro R., et al.
- Effect of leptin in proliferating and differentiated HC11 mouse mammary cells. Regul Pept. (2003) 113 (1-3): 101-7. Baratta M., et al.
- Circulating Irisin Levels Are Not Regulated by Nutritional Status, Obesity, or Leptin Levels in Rodents. Mediators Inflamm. (2015) 2015: 620919. Quiñones M., et al.
- Full Name: Leptin ELISA Kit (Rat/Mouse)
- Reactivity: Rat, Mouse
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 10.0 pg/ml