Human leishmania infantum IgG ELISA kit is intended for detecting in-vitro quantitative amounts of IgG antibodies against leishmania infantum using human serum and plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of diagn. 91%.
Leishmania infantum is an intracellular protozoan parasite which is able to target dendritic cells and macrophages. In a number of classification it can be grouped into four speices: L. donovani, L. mexicana, L. viannia and L. tropica. L. infantum is found to be closely related to Leishmania donovani, with some researchers believing that they could be subspecies of each other. All the species are morphologically indistinguishable, which means that the organisms are usually assigned to species and sub-species based on their ecological characteristics, geographic origin and clinical syndrome they produce. They can also be grouped based on their tendency to cause mucocutaneous, visceral or cutaneous leishmaniasis. The pathogen can be spread by spread through the Lutzomyia genus, an insect vector and the sand flies of the Phlebotomus.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgG antibodies against L. infantum using current human leishmania infantum IgG ELISA kit was diagn. 91%. The dynamic range for this assay is to a specific cut-off point.
- Anti-leishmania infantum IgG antibody avidity in visceral leishmaniasis. Clin Vaccine Immunol. (2013) 20 (11): 1697-702. Tiburcio M.G., et al.
- Efficacy of low doses of amphotericin B plus allicin against experimental visceral leishmaniasis. J Antimicrob Chemother. (2014) 69 (12): 3268-74. Corral M.J., et al.
- Comparison of a clinic-based ELISA test kit with the immunofluorescence antibody test for assaying Leishmania infantum antibodies in dogs. Biomed Res Int. (2013) 2013: 249010. Proverbio D., et al.
- Immune response in susceptible BALB/c mice immunized with DNA encoding Lipophosphoglycan 3 of Leishmania infantum. Parasite Immunol. (2014) 36 (12): 700-7. Pirdel L., et al.
- Full Name: Leishmania Infantum IgG ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: diagn. 91%