- Created on the 3 May, 2017.
Human L-selectin ELISA kit is intended for measuring in vitro quantitative amounts of L-selectin (CD62L) in human serum, cell lysates, cell culture supernatant, other biological fluids and plasma. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 10.18 ng/ml.
L-selectin (also referred to as CD62L) is found predominately on lymphocytes and has a main function of a homing receptor, aiding lymphocytes to enter into secondary lymphoid tissues through the high endothelial venules. The molecule itself is made up of many domains which include one homologous to EGF, one to lectins and two consensus repeat units which are present in C3/C4 binding proteins. The receptor is mostly located on the cell surface of T cells and also can be found in human embryo trophoblasts before the implantation stage into the uterus. There is also high expression of L-selectin present in human bone marrow progenitor cells and this has been used as a good indicator of cells that are committed to undergoing lymphoid differentiation. The following L-selectin ELISA kit can be used for many diagnostic applications.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of CD62L using current human L-selectin ELISA kit was 10.18 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 20.0 – 6,000 ng/ml.
- Ligands for L-selectin: homing, inflammation, and beyond. Annu Rev Immunol. (2004) 22: 129-56. Review. Rosen S.D.
- Cell adhesion molecules in human embryo implantation. Sheng Li Xue Bao. (2012) 64 (3): 247-58. Review. Fukuda M.N. and Sugihara K.
- Selectins: initiators of leucocyte adhesion and signalling at the vascular wall. Cardiovasc Res. (2015) 107 (3): 331-9. Review. McEver R.P.
- L-selectin–a dynamic regulator of leukocyte migration. Eur J Cell Biol. (2012) 91 (4): 257-64. Review. Wedepohl S., et al.
- CD62L (L-selectin). J Biol Regul Homeost Agents. (2002) 16 (2): 144-6. Review. Nicholson I.C.
- High-endothelial-venule ligands for L-selectin: identification and functions. Biochem Soc Trans. (1997) 25 (2): 428-33. Rosen S.D., et al.
- Full Name: L-Selectin (CD62L) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Cell Lysates, Other Biological Fluids, Serum, Cell Culture Supernatant
- Sensitivity: 10.18 ng/ml