- Created on the 29 March, 2018.
Mouse IL-6 ELISA kit is designed for measuring quantitative concentrations of mouse interleukin 6 (IL6, IL-6) using plasma, serum and cell culture media. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 1.07 pg/ml.
Interleukin 6 (IL-6) is a pro and anti-inflammatory myokine which is needed for the stimulation of acute phase protein synthesis and the production of neutrophils in the bone marrow. It can also cross the blood brain barrier in order to initiate the synthesis of PGE2 in the hypothalamus. IL-6 is also an important cytokine that can be produced in the muscles, where its levels can be elevated during muscular contractions. Interleukin-6 is found to interact with IL-6 receptor (IL-6R) and the glycoprotein 130 (gp130). In mice, it has a vital role in fighting infections by providing resistance against the bacterium Streptococcus pneumoniae. IL-6 can stimulate the auto-immune and inflammatory and processes in a large number diseases for example: Alzheimer’s Disease, multiple myeloma, rheumatoid arthritis, prostate cancer, atherosclerosis, diabetes, Behçet’s disease, systemic lupus erythematosus and depression. A considerable functional overlap is found between neurokinin type 1 receptor (NK1R), Substance P (SP) and IL-6.
The standard range of mouse interleukin 6 (IL6) using current mouse IL-6 ELISA kit was approximately 1.07 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 10.94 – 700 pg/ml.
- IL-6/Stat3-driven pulmonary inflammation, but not emphysema, is dependent on interleukin-17A in mice. Respirology. (2014) 19 (3): 419-27. Ruwanpura S.M., et al.
- A critical role of the transcription factor fli-1 in murine lupus development by regulation of interleukin-6 expression. Arthritis Rheumatol. (2014) 66 (12): 3436-44. Sato S., et al.
- Targeting IL-6 by both passive or active immunization strategies prevents bleomycin-induced skin fibrosis. Arthritis Res Ther. (2014) 16 (4): R157. Desallais L., et al.
- Obesity and IL-6 interact in modulating the response to endotoxemia in mice. Cytokine. (2013) 61 (1): 71-7. Pini M., et al.
- Full Name: Interleukin 6 (IL-6) ELISA Kit (Mouse)
- Reactivity: Mouse
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Cell Culture Media
- Sensitivity: 1.07 pg/ml