- Created on the 12 March, 2017.
Interleukin-3 ELISA kit is a procedure for analysing in vitro quantitative levels of interleukin-3 (IL-3) in human plasma (heparin, EDTA, citrate), serum and cell culture supernatant samples. This assay has a minimum detection limit of < 0.1 pg/ml.
Interleukin-3 (IL-3) is essentially a hematopoietic colony-stimulating factor (CSF) which has the ability to support the proliferation of a large number of hematopoietic cell types. It is a protein that is 140 amino acids in length which is chemically synthesised using an automated peptide synthesiser and this displays biological activities that can be attributed to native IL-3. The gene IL-3 in known to encode interleukin 3, where the human gene encoding IL-3 is found to be tandemly arrayed on the long arm of chromosome 5.
The mouse IL-3 gene is located on chromosome 11 and the cDNA sequence for codes for a polypeptide of 166 amino acids including a putative signal peptide. It is regarded as one of the colony stimulating factors that is vital in regulating haematopoiesis. The standard used in the following interleukin-3 ELISA kit is a recombinant human IL-3 that is composed of 133 amino acids having a total molecular mass of 15KDa.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IL-3 using current human interleukin-3 ELISA kit was approximately 0.1 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 15.6 – 1,000 pg/ml.
- Interleukin-3: structure and function. Cancer Invest. (1993) 11 (5): 609-23. Review. Lindemann A. and Mertelsmann R.
- Present and future clinical relevance of interleukin 3. Stem Cells. (1994) 12 Suppl 1: 241-8. Review. Gianella-Borradori A.
- Cytokines, interleukin-3 and autoimmunity. Isr J Med Sci. (1993) 29 (2-3): 159-64. Review. Fishman P. and Shoenfeld Y.
- Human interleukin 3: analysis of the gene and its role in the regulation of hematopoiesis. Int J Cell Cloning. (1990) 8 Suppl 1: 121-8. Review. Yang Y.C and Clark S.C.
- Interleukin-3 and its receptor. Cancer Treat Res. (1995) 80: 107-42. Review. Lindemann A. and Mertelsmann R.
- Interleukin 3: from colony-stimulating factor to pluripotent immunoregulatory cytokine. Int J Immunopharmacol. (1992) 14 (3): 421-30. Review. Frendl G.
- Full Name: Interleukin-3 (IL-3) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Cell Culture Supernatant, Serum, Plasma (EDTA, Citrate, Heparin)
- Sensitivity: < 0.1 pg/ml