- Created on the 12 March, 2017.
Interleukin-11 ELISA kit is intended for analysing in vitro quantitative levels of interleukin-11 (IL-11) present in human serum, cell culture supernatant and plasma. This assay has a minimum detection limit of < 4.0 pg/ml.
Interleukin-11 (IL-11) can also be called adipogenesis inhibitory factor (AGIF) or oprelvekin and it belongs to a family of cytokines that are known as GP130. There are many cell and tissue which can produce IL-11 throughout the body, for example lung, connective tissues, thymus, CNS, bone, skin, testis and uterus. One of the main functions of IL-11 is to promote both in vitro and in vivo primary and secondary immune responses which can be responsible for modulating the antigen-specific antibody reactions. Interleukin-11 has the ability to exert its biological activity via IL-11 receptor by utilising the gp130 molecule as the signalling component of its receptor.
IL-11 is a highly conserved precursor protein which has a total molecular mass of 19kDa and is composed of 199 amino acids. The initial 21 amino acids are referred to as the typical leader sequence for secreted proteins. This first 21 amino acid sequence is removed when the 178 amino acid is being released from the cell. The interleukin-11 molecule is thermally stable and also does not contain any cysteine residues. It can be found to display activity in bone metabolism and during the protection or restoration of the gastrointestinal mucosa. Also, human endometrial stromal cells can form biologically active IL-11 which can be responsible for promoting progesterone-induced decidualization. There are a number of reports that indicate abnormal IL-11 concentrations in serum or plasma being related to urogenital infection, rheumatoid arthritis and immune thrombocytopenia. IL-11 has also been linked to aseptic loosening of total hip replacement implants. The following interleukin-11 ELISA kit can be used in a variety of diagnostic applications.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IL-11 using current human interleukin-11 ELISA kit was approximately 4.0 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 4.0 – 1,600 pg/ml.
- The role of IL-11 in immunity and cancer. Cancer Lett. (2016) 373 (2): 156-63. Review. Xu D.H., et al.
- Interleukin-11: A Multifunctional Cytokine with Intrinsically Disordered Regions. Cell Biochem Biophys. (2016) 74 (3): 285-96. Review. Permyakov E.A., et al.
- Cytokine signalling via gp130 in gastric cancer. Biochim Biophys Acta. (2009) 1793 (11): 1623-33. Review. Howlett M., et al.
- IL-11 signaling as a therapeutic target for cancer. Immunotherapy. (2015) 7 (4): 441-53. Review. Putoczki T.L. and Ernst M.
- Interleukin-11. A gp130 cytokine. Ann N Y Acad Sci. (1998) 856: 12-21. Review. Trepicchio W.L. and Dorner A.J.
- The biology of interleukin 11. Stem Cells. (1993) 11 Suppl 2: 156-62. Review. Neben S. and Turner K.
- Full Name: Interleukin-11 (IL-11) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Cell Culture Supernatant
- Sensitivity: < 4.0 pg/ml