- Created on the 2 May, 2017.
Human ICAM-2 ELISA kit is designed for determining in vitro quantitative concentrations of intercellular adhesion molecule-2 (CD102, ICAM-2) in human serum, plasma, cell culture supernatant, other biological fluids and cell lysates. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.13 ng/ml.
Intercellular adhesion molecule-2 (ICAM-2) which can also be referred to as CD102, is a 55 kD type I transmembrane glycoprotein that contains approx. 2-9 immunoglobulin-like C2-type domains and has the ability to bind leukocyte adhesion LFA-1 protein. ICAM-2 is known to be constitutively expressed on mainly vascular endothelial cells and some monocytes, lymphocytes and platelets. It is a counter receptor of MAC-1, LFA-1, CD11a/CD18 and DC-SIGN, where it is thought to be responsible for lymphocyte re-circulation and in the co-stimulation of immune response. It essentially can mediate adhesive interactions which are vital for antigen-specific lymphocyte recirculation, NK-cell mediated clearance, immune response and surveillance. ICAM-2 is also found to regulate spermatid adhesion on Sertori cells that are located on the apical side of the blood-testis barrier. The following ICAM-2 ELISA kit is ideal for analysing many diagnostic applications.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of intercellular adhesion molecule-2 |(CD102) using current human ICAM-2 ELISA kit was 0.13 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.2 – 60 ng/ml.
- Crystal structure of ICAM-2 reveals a distinctive integrin recognition surface. Nature. (1997) 387 (6630): 312-5. Casasnovas J.M., et al.
- Adhesion molecules in lymphoma metastasis. Cancer Metastasis Rev. (1991) 10 (1): 33-48. Review. Roos E.
- Platelet associated fibrinogen and ICAM-2 induce firm adhesion of neutrophils under flow conditions. Thromb Haemost. (1998) 80 (3): 443-8. Kuijper P.H., et al.
- Leukocyte-endothelial cell adhesive receptors. Clin Exp Rheumatol. (1994) 12 Suppl 10: S25-8. Review. Dejana E., et al.
- The physiological roles of ICAM-1 and ICAM-2 in neutrophil migration into tissues. Curr Opin Hematol. (2015) 22 (1): 53-9. Review. Lyck R. and Enzmann G.
- Full Name: Intercellular Adhesion Molecule-2 (ICAM-2) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Cell Lysates, Plasma, Other Biological Fluids, Cell Culture Supernatant
- Sensitivity: 0.13 ng/ml