Human ICAM-2 ELISA kit is designed for determining in vitro quantitative concentrations of intercellular adhesion molecule-2 (ICAM2, CD102, ICAM-2) in human serum, plasma, cell culture supernatant, other biological fluids and cell lysates. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.13 ng/ml.
Intercellular adhesion molecule-2 (ICAM-2, ICAM2) which can also be referred to as CD102, is a 55 kD type I transmembrane glycoprotein that contains approx. 2-9 immunoglobulin-like C2-type domains and has the ability to bind leukocyte adhesion LFA-1 protein. The following ICAM-2 ELISA kit is ideal for analysing many types of diagnostic applications. ICAM-2 is known to be constitutively expressed on mainly vascular endothelial cells and some monocytes, lymphocytes and platelets. It is a counter receptor of MAC-1, LFA-1, CD11a/CD18 and DC-SIGN, where it is thought to be responsible for lymphocyte re-circulation and in the co-stimulation of immune response. It essentially can mediate adhesive interactions which are vital for antigen-specific lymphocyte recirculation, NK-cell mediated clearance, immune response and surveillance. Intercellular adhesion molecule-2 is also found to regulate spermatid adhesion on Sertori cells that are located on the apical side of the blood-testis barrier. This ICAM-2 ELISA kit offers a detection sensitivity limit of 0.13 ng/ml and can be used to measure human samples of cell culture supernatant, cell lysates, serum, plasma and many other types of biological fluids.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of intercellular adhesion molecule-2 (ICAM-2, CD102, ICAM2) using current human ICAM-2 ELISA kit was 0.13 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.2 – 60 ng/ml.
- Crystal structure of ICAM-2 reveals a distinctive integrin recognition surface. Nature. (1997) 387 (6630): 312-5. Casasnovas J.M., et al.
- Adhesion molecules in lymphoma metastasis. Cancer Metastasis Rev. (1991) 10 (1): 33-48. Review. Roos E.
- Platelet associated fibrinogen and ICAM-2 induce firm adhesion of neutrophils under flow conditions. Thromb Haemost. (1998) 80 (3): 443-8. Kuijper P.H., et al.
- Leukocyte-endothelial cell adhesive receptors. Clin Exp Rheumatol. (1994) 12 Suppl 10: S25-8. Review. Dejana E., et al.
- The physiological roles of ICAM-1 and ICAM-2 in neutrophil migration into tissues. Curr Opin Hematol. (2015) 22 (1): 53-9. Review. Lyck R. and Enzmann G.
- Full Name: Intercellular Adhesion Molecule-2 (ICAM-2) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Cell Lysates, Plasma, Other Biological Fluids, Cell Culture Supernatant
- Sensitivity: 0.13 ng/ml