- Created on the 2 May, 2017.
Intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1) is also called CD54 and is essentially a cell surface glycoprotein that is mostly expressed on immune system and endothelial cells. ICAM-1 is a transmembrane protein which contains a single transmembrane domain, a carboxy-terminus cytoplasmic domain and an amino-terminus extracellular domain. The extracellular domain possesses many loops which are due to disulphide bridges present. ICAM-1 is important in facilitating leukocyte endothelial transmigration and in stabilising cell-cell interactions. It is a ligand for LFA-1 (integrin), a vital receptor present on leukocytes and it can also interact with CD18, CD11a and EZR.
ICAM-1 is found on fibroblasts, leukocytes, endothelial and epithelial cells, its expression is mainly regulated by inflammatory cytokines. It possesses a tissue distribution which is very similar to that of many other major histocompatibility complex class II antigens and this is likely to be crucial in a number of inflammatory responses. The dominant secondary structure for this protein is of a beta sheet with the possibility of dimerization domains being also present within the ICAM-1 molecules.
Human ICAM-1 ELISA kit can be used for measuring in vitro quantitative amounts of intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (CD54, ICAM-1) in human plasma, cell culture supernatant, cell lysates, serum and many other biological fluids. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 9.98 ng/L.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of ICAM-1 or CD54 using this human ICAM-1 ELISA kit was 9.98 ng/L. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 20.0 – 6,000 ng/L.
- Regulation of intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (CD54) gene expression. J Leukoc Biol. (1999) 66 (6): 876-88. Review. Roebuck K.A. and Finnegan A.
- New insights into the regulation of ICAM-1 gene expression. Leuk Lymphoma. (1996) 20 (3-4): 223-8. Review. Ohh M. andTakei F.
- ICAM-1: isoforms and phenotypes. J Immunol. (2014) 192 (10): 4469-74. Ramos T.N., et al.
- Targeting ICAM-1/LFA-1 interaction for controlling autoimmune diseases: designing peptide and small molecule inhibitors. Peptides. (2003) 24 (3): 487-501. Review. Anderson M.E. and Siahaan T.J.
- Full Name: Intercellular Adhesion Molecule-1 (ICAM-1) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Cell Lysates, Other Biological Fluids, Cell Culture Supernatant, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 9.98 ng/L