Human anti-IA2 ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring insulinoma associated 2 (anti-IA2) in human serum samples. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 1.25 U/ml.
Insulinoma associated 2 (anti-IA2) autoantibodies are found to be highly present in individuals that are in the pre-diabetic phase or those with new-onset type 1 diabetes. There is a direct correlation with the rapid progression to overt type 1 diabetes with the presence of autoantibodies to anti-IA2. It is a member of the tyrosine phosphatases protein family and shares sequence homology with the islet cell antigen 512. Found to be localised in the second defined recombinant islet cell antigen and the dense granules of pancreatic beta cells and the second defined recombinant islet cell antigen. The higher frequency of antibodies to insulinoma associated 2 can be explained by the presence of autoantibodies which are directed to the COOH terminus of human anti-IA2 and are lacking in the ICA512 molecule.
The following anti-IA2 ELISA kit is intended for measuring many types of diagnostic applications. A combination of assays using insulinoma associated 2 (anti-IA2 autoantibodies) and GAD65 is seen as a highly relevant approach for assessing diabetes (type 1) in children and adolescence. It is possible to detect more than 90% of individuals that are at risk to diabetes (type 1) by performing a screen for human anti-IA2 autoantibodies and GAD65.
ANTI-IA2 ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Coated Microwells: 12 breakapart strips of 8 wells (96 in total) bound with insulinoma associated 2 antigen.
- Calibrators 1-5: Concentration 0- 4000 U/ml (units are NIBSC 97/550), made up from human anti-IA2 antibody.
- Control 1 (Positive) and Control 2 (Negative). Containing human anti-IA2.
- Reaction Enhancer.
- Concentrated Wash Solution (10x).
- Anti-IA2 Biotin: Lyophilised.
- Reconstitution Buffer: To be used for anti-IA2 Biotin.
- 20x Streptavidin Peroxidase (SA-POD).
- Diluent for SA-POD.
- Peroxidase Substrate (TMB).
- Stop Solution.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of insulinoma associated 2 (anti-IA2) using current human anti-IA2 ELISA kit was approximately 1.25 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 7.5 – 4000.0 U/ml.
- Lack of anti-insulin, anti-GAD, and anti-IA2 autoantibodies in primary antiphospholipid syndrome. Rheumatol Int. (2012) 32 (5): 1479-80. de Carvalho J.F. and Caleiro M.T.
- Prevalence of type 1 diabetes autoantibodies (GADA, IA2, and IAA) in overweight and obese children. Diabetes Care. (2010) 33 (4): 820-2. Cambuli V.M., et al.
- Full Name: Anti-IA2 ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum
- Sensitivity: 1.25 U/ml