- Created on the 7 February, 2017.
Human IGF-II ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring insulin-like growth factor-II (IGFII, IGF-II) in human serum, plasma, CSF, saliva, liquor and urine. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.02 ng/ml.
Insulin-like growth factor-II (IGFII) is encoded by the IGF2 gene and is part of a cluster of genes which are located on chromosome 11 the short (p) arm that undergoes genomic imprinting. IGF-II protein has important roles during the growth and development period before birth, the IGF2 gene is found to be very active during the fetal development phase, however, it is much less active after birth. There are many studies which indicate that insulin-like growth factor 2 has the ability in promoting growth and proliferation of a large number of cells that can be found in many different tissues.
The activity of the IGF2 gene is wholly dependent on which parent it was inherited from, where in majority of tissues, only the copy which is inherited from the father is active (often referred to as the paternally inherited copy) whereas, the copy obtained from the mother is usually not active (known as the maternally inherited copy). This type of parent-specific difference for activation of a gene are due to a phenomenon which is called genomic imprinting.
One of the main uses for IGF-II is during differential diagnostics of malignancies, where it is possible to differentiate by IGF-II between adrenocortical adenomas and carcinomas. Also, further tumor differentiation and staging between carcinoma and hyperplasia can be improved by using IGF-II measurements in prostate tumors. The IGF-System seem is relevant in many neurodegeneration diseases such as Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s. The following IGF-II ELISA kit is highly specific, sensitive, easy to use and can provide results relatively quickly, there is virtually zero cross reactivity with IGF-I.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of insulin-like growth factor-II (IGFII) using current IGF-II ELISA kit was approximately 0.02 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.45 – 9.0 ng/ml.
- Insulin-like growth factor-II is a useful marker to detect hepatocellular carcinoma? Eur J Intern Med. (2012) 23 (6): e157-61. Morace C., et al.
- Genomic imprinting of insulin-like growth factor 2 (IGF-2) in chronic synovitis. Growth Horm IGF Res. (2007) 17 (6): 500-5. Möller B., et al.
- Insulin-like growth factor-II: its role in metabolic and endocrine disease. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). (2014) 80 (6): 773-81. Review. Livingstone C. and Borai A.
- The Relationship of Insulin-Like Growth Factor 2 to Fetal Growth and Adiposity. Horm Res Paediatr. (2016) 85 (2): 75-82. Review. Kadakia R. and Josefson J.
- Full Name: Insulin-like Growth Factor-II (IGF-II) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Saliva, Liquor, Urine
- Sensitivity: 0.02 ng/ml