- Created on the 6 February, 2017.
Human IGFBP-3 ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 (IGFBP3, IGFBP-3) in human serum, plasma (EDTA, heparin) and cell culture supernatant. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of < 10.0 pg/ml.
Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 (IGFBP3) in encoded by the IGFBP3 gene which is located on chromosome 7. It is well documented to be the main IGF transport protein within the bloodstream, where it is able to carry stable complexes of growth factors that possess binding proteins (IGF-1, IGF-2 and acid-labile subunit [ALS]). It has been reported to contain intrinsic bioactivity which is independent of IGF binding.
IGFBP-3 is also clinically useful tool when evaluating GH deficiency or when predicting the response to GH treatment. There is growing evidence that the IGFBP-3 levels are inversely related to the risk of several anti-proliferative agents and common cancers. For example it found to display anti-proliferative effects in undifferentiated or early differentiated but not in terminally differentiated chondrocytes. IGFBP-3 possesses both potentiating and growth-inhibitory effect on cells that are independent of IGF action and that can be mediated by specific IGFBP3 binding proteins/receptors located on cytosol, nuclear compartments, extracellular matrix and cell membrane. The standard used in the following IGFBP-3 ELISA kit is a recombinant human IGFBP-3 consists of 265 amino acids (total molecular mass 29kDa), however, due to glycosylation the molecular mass is 41KDa.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 (IGFBP3) using current IGFBP-3 ELISA kit was approximately 10.0 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 156.2 – 10,000.0 pg/ml.
- IGFBP-3: a cell fate pivot in cancer and disease. Growth Horm IGF Res. (2014) 24 (5): 164-73. Review. Johnson M.A. and Firth S.M.
- Transferrin is an insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-3 binding protein. J. Clin. Endocr. Metab. (2001) 86: 1806-1813. Weinzimer, S. A., et al.
- Insulin-like growth factor binding-protein-3 (IGFBP-3). Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab. (2015) 29 (5): 701-11. Review. Ranke MB.
- Identification of STAT-1 as a molecular target of IGFBP-3 in the process of chondrogenesis. J. Biol. Chem. (2002) 277: 18860-18867. Spagnoli, A., et al.
- Novel promoter polymorphism in insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-3: correlation with serum levels and interaction with known regulators. J. Clin. Endocr. Metab. (2001) 86: 1274-1280. Deal, C., et al.
- Full Name: Insulin-like Growth Factor Binding Protein-3 (IGFBP-3) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma (Heparin, EDTA), Cell Culture Supernatant
- Sensitivity: < 10.0 pg/ml