- Created on the 6 February, 2017.
Human IGFBP-2 ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring insulin-like growth factor binding protein-2 (IGFBP2, IGFBP-2) in human serum, plasma, CSF, saliva and other body fluids. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.02 ng/ml.
Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-2 (IGFBP2) is an unglycosylated 31.3kDa polypetide protein which shows no circadian rhythm in circulation and forms binary IGF-complexes. The IGFBP2 concentration in blood is age-dependent and the serum concentration is found to increase during fasting state, after trauma, after any major surgery and in malignant diseases. It is most intensive in malignant diseases where the correlation of the IGFBP-2 level to the degree of progression can be a striking feature in a number of different tumour types as is the normalisation of the IGFBP serum levels after remission. During the GH-therapy, for example in GH abuse (doping) and in short stature the IGFBP-2 levels have been found to decrease. Also, in trisomy 18 IGFBP-2 in maternal serum is decreased and IGFBP-1 is increased, this allows the ratio IGFBP-2 /IGFBP-1 to be a good indicator/marker for chromosome abnormality. Normal values for healthy individuals (ranging in age from 1.5 to > 70 years) have been evaluated using the following IGFBP-2 ELISA kit.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-2 (IGFBP2) using current IGFBP-2 ELISA kit was approximately 0.02 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 2.0 – 80.0 ng/ml.
- IGFBP-2: The dark horse in metabolism and cancer. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. (2015) 26 (3): 329-46. Review. Russo V.C., et al.
- Protein molecular forms of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-2 change with aging. Exp Gerontol. (2014) 58: 154-8. Sunderić M., Mihailović N. and Nedić O.
- Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-2 as a novel biomarker for disease activity and renal pathology changes in lupus nephritis. Clin Exp Immunol. (2016) 184 (1): 11-8. Ding H., et al.
- IGFBP-2 directly stimulates osteoblast differentiation. J Bone Miner Res. (2014) 29 (11): 2427-38. Xi G., et al.
- Full Name: Insulin-like Growth Factor Binding Protein-2 (IGFBP-2) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Saliva, CSF, Other Body Fluids
- Sensitivity: 0.02 ng/ml